Author Topic: Happy New Year Coffee  (Read 6704 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: Happy New Year Coffee
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2023, 06:48:42 AM »
Glad She's on the mend and you tested NEG.  :)
  Both Jodi & I got that dreaded plague back in June of 22, no fun! but I firmly believe the vaccine made all the difference in the severity.
  I suppose I probably contracted it at the museum. 

Neet shooter Slim, made in Germany, a friend of mine has one of the SSA's Weihrauch manufactures.
The gun shoots very well in CAS.

I'm working tomorrow, then pull a double next Tuesday & Wednesday to cover some travel plans the following Saturday.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2023, 07:40:35 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

I was given some .38 Special +P+ that I will carry in it for defense purposes.

'Tis 22 and overcast. High of 28.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2023, 08:15:06 AM »
Morning y'all.

I was given some .38 Special +P+ that I will carry in it for defense purposes.

'Tis 22 and overcast. High of 28.

Slim

I’ll take a double helping of that coffee this morning.

I’ve been trying to duplicate the old 38-44 Outdoorsman load with mine, though without 2400 powder it’s been difficult. I can get close with H110, but the pressure curve is weird.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 12:00:41 PM »

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2023, 03:33:03 PM »
Slim, I have Hornady Critical Defense for my J Frame CDC and they are in my Wife's 3"-wheel gun too.

But I was given 2 boxes of Remington Ultimate Defense 45 ACP, I might never shoot.
  I would not use it in my 1945 US Gov. Ithaca 1911.
I could use them in my Springfield Armory RO Gov. Model I suppose.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2023, 12:47:19 PM »
Afternoon y'all.

Slept in a bit. Battling a cold.

I’ve been trying to duplicate the old 38-44 Outdoorsman load with mine, though without 2400 powder it’s been difficult. I can get close with H110, but the pressure curve is weird.

—TK
Are you using .38 Spl or .357 Mag brass?

Slim, I have Hornady Critical Defense for my J Frame CDC and they are in my Wife's 3"-wheel gun too.

I use those in my 442.

'Tis 21 and overcast. High of 26.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2023, 03:57:41 PM »
Afternoon y'all.

Slept in a bit. Battling a cold.
Are you using .38 Spl or .357 Mag brass?
I use those in my 442.

'Tis 21 and overcast. High of 26.

Slim

I use magnum brass to keep from putting a +P in my j frame (not +P rated). I did just get some nickel plated +P headstamped cases from a friend that I might try the 38-44 load in though.
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2023, 05:54:26 PM »
Where did you find the .38-44 load data?
I am wondering if it might be close to the .38 spl +P+ rounds I have.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2023, 06:26:04 PM »
My Mod 36 is not +P rated either, hence the Hornady's
I have two boxes of 25 each but have not had occasion (thank God) or need to use them.
I just use my re-loads or some BH Cowboy loads I acquired along the way. when I range shoot it.
The Mod 36 has not seen any pocket time, since I bought the SIG 365.
I never imagined I'd assimilate to the black gun side, the little SIG won me over.
There something to be said about 12 rounds VS 5 rounds  :-X

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2023, 11:10:29 PM »
Where did you find the .38-44 load data?
I am wondering if it might be close to the .38 spl +P+ rounds I have.

Slim

I got it from Elmer Keith’s “Sixguns.” Updated for modern 2400 powder, it would be a 170gr KSWC (Lee mold 358156) over 12.0gr of 2400 at 1.550” OAL. According to data available it should make about 24,000 psi., so above +P pressure.

—TK

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2023, 08:11:54 AM »
Morning y'all.

I got it from Elmer Keith’s “Sixguns.” Updated for modern 2400 powder, it would be a 170gr KSWC (Lee mold 358156) over 12.0gr of 2400 at 1.550” OAL. According to data available it should make about 24,000 psi., so above +P pressure.

—TK
That might do the trick.

The cold is not better. Staying home from church to get more sleep and not to infect more people.

'Tis 16 and overcast. High of 24.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2023, 09:30:47 AM »
Thanks Slim, Coffee and I added a blue berry muffin.  :) 

Lazy day, perhaps nap will be in order, I just have to see what else.  :-\

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2023, 11:39:17 AM »
Morning all.

Guessers are calling for a high of 33 degrees today, oh boy. Supposed to drop into the single digits at night again starting tomorrow.

On todays docket we have laundry, a trip to Murdoch’s for socks and dog biscuits, then feeding of the equestrians this evening. Hopefully tonight I can avoid electrical fixtures. Last night I got popped by the electric fence while trying to get some hay off of it. Then a second zapping picking up the end of an extension cord. Nobody told me that a horse had stepped on the end and broken the housing, but I did find that out myself.  ::)

—TK

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2023, 12:06:21 PM »
Morning all.

Guessers are calling for a high of 33 degrees today, oh boy. Supposed to drop into the single digits at night again starting tomorrow.

On todays docket we have laundry, a trip to Murdoch’s for socks and dog biscuits, then feeding of the equestrians this evening. Hopefully tonight I can avoid electrical fixtures. Last night I got popped by the electric fence while trying to get some hay off of it. Then a second zapping picking up the end of an extension cord. Nobody told me that a horse had stepped on the end and broken the housing, but I did find that out myself.  ::)

—TK

In my college days as an Art Major in photography, I had stopped the car while out driving in the country to capture that perfect shot of cows in a field before a treeline. I carefully metered the shot while approaching the fence and adjusting lens aperture and speed, re-metered to make sure of the setting, then absolutely shocked myself silly because I had run into the electrified fence.
The shock must have been too much for the through-the-lens metering system on that camera as it never did work reliably afterwards. Hard lesson learned.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2023, 01:36:58 PM »
I got ZANGED but good once, I was on my way out feed my beasties.
This was about 25 -or so years ago.
We had those gate spring tensioners disconnects one low and one at about 6 feet.
I could disconnect the low one and open the gate and walk under...or so I thought !
Bent down and took the lower off, stood up opened the gate, and bald spotted the upper one....
ZANG   :o bit my tongue, reared back and bald spotted it again  >:(  I coined many a NEW colorful exclamation that morning, especially since my wife thought it was hysterical !   >:( >:(

Moral, wear a fricking HAT

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2023, 07:31:12 PM »
A wet and dreary day here, but rain held off after church long enough to feed cows, clean up a little in my shed, saw some thorn trees and fix a short in the electric fence.   

Delmonico, last week I was able to get a couple bags of that Bronze Chief wheat flower at the local Wal Mart. So they still carry it, but like lots of other things, supply isn't consistent.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2023, 08:58:01 AM »
Morning y'all.

This cold is still kicking my butt.

'Tis 15 and overcast. Dusting overnight. "Mostly cloudy. Patchy freezing drizzle in the morning. A chance of flurries in the afternoon. Highs around 30. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 20 percent."

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2023, 10:15:50 AM »
I found it again, tried some others and not as good. Started a sourdough Friday.  Kirk retired from the brew supplies and I was forced to either use the place named after the lady warriors or the river or drive to Omaha with out a real need.  Process was successful and sorta painless so I am no longer the only one left that hasn't, but won't make a habit of it.  Sometimes you have to do distasteful things.  But got 5 packages of my yeast I need.   Got my local rye also.   

Still ain't watched any Yellowstone of any era and likely won't, never watched any Deadwood.  Didn't watch any NFL this weekend either. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2023, 09:13:51 PM »
Well, back to the job today, the Missus thankfully is getting her strength back. Supposed to be decent tomorrow morning, then rain/sleet/snow in the afternoon and evening. Glad I am off tomorrow, my plan is to stay home, drink coffee and fight with my 3D printer.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2023, 10:22:14 PM »
I found it again, tried some others and not as good. Started a sourdough Friday.  Kirk retired from the brew supplies and I was forced to either use the place named after the lady warriors or the river or drive to Omaha with out a real need.  Process was successful and sorta painless so I am no longer the only one left that hasn't, but won't make a habit of it.  Sometimes you have to do distasteful things.  But got 5 packages of my yeast I need.   Got my local rye also.   

Still ain't watched any Yellowstone of any era and likely won't, never watched any Deadwood.  Didn't watch any NFL this weekend either. ;D

I have seen a total of about ten minutes of Yellowstone,  solely because someone in the guard unit turned it on during a drill weekend. It was promptly booed until it was turned off. I wasn’t a fan. I did meet a couple of the actors while down in the Bitterroot area in the fall though. They were nice enough.

Today hit about 32 degrees with scattered snow flurries. That’s about all there is to say about it, really. Topping the day off with a batch of chocolate chip cookies in the oven (using Bronze Chief).

—TK

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2023, 11:45:15 PM »
I have seen a total of about ten minutes of Yellowstone,  solely because someone in the guard unit turned it on during a drill weekend. It was promptly booed until it was turned off. I wasn’t a fan. I did meet a couple of the actors while down in the Bitterroot area in the fall though. They were nice enough.

Today hit about 32 degrees with scattered snow flurries. That’s about all there is to say about it, really. Topping the day off with a batch of chocolate chip cookies in the oven (using Bronze Chief).

—TK

The big problem is Costner is involved and I have better things to do than watch him.  Have seen him in 2 movies both westerns, no idea why they chose him.  ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com