Author Topic: marlin 1894  (Read 1307 times)

Offline drstilecho

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
marlin 1894
« on: May 21, 2022, 05:15:01 PM »
Hi ya'll i'm a new user not an action shooter however i have a few 45's that i shoot for fun and hunt with. I as you can see have a Marlin colt 45 rifle. I love however parts are hard to find. so have not shot it in awhile. hope to run across some members here and chat. About the sport. And colt 45's thanks   DAVID

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
Re: marlin 1894
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 10:05:51 PM »
Welcome to th board!  Numrich/Gunparts corp and Ebay.  LOTS of marlin parts...
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 11:14:50 AM »
Welcome to cas city, you cant go wrong with a .45. Easy cartridge to reload. Marlins are good guns with a few exceptions. Ubertis and Rugers make fine revolvers. The only Marlin parts I’ve ever broken were a couple one piece aftermarket firing pins and a lifter, before I did the jbweld repair, don’t remember having an extractor or ejector break. Never broken anything on my .45 Rugers. Ubertis are another story and some are fine and others need work to become cas guns. As occasional plinkers they are usually ok.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:10:18 PM »

Offline drstilecho

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 07:08:29 PM »
thanks for the welcome guys i hope to come in often. I have read a few of the post seem like good people in here. I do have an uberti colt 45 hand gun i shoot allot I love it. I do need some parts i have to much head space in my rifle i was told by the gunsmith i need an over sized block?? to remedy it.  are theere any regular days that some of ya'll meet in here to talk  David

Offline drstilecho

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 08:01:15 AM »
Hi dropped in to see what was going on seems a bit quiet lawman would love to here a bit about how the competitions work i have watched a few videos online looks pretty fun

Offline drstilecho

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 09:54:37 AM »
Hi just stopped by to see if anyone was around I have found a gunsmith to repair my 1894 for me i just need a part now I am in search of a locking block for an 1894 in colt 45  and I will be all set . hope to catch someone around and chat one of these times

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 10:40:11 AM »
drstilecho, I think you might be able to better find the part you need over on the Marlin Firearms Forum. Sometimes the conversation here is a bit sporadic especially on the Marlin thread. For some reason the Marlin thread doesn't draw the interest many of the other firearms threads do. Just my observation. Hope you find what you are looking for.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com