Author Topic: 2017 Division of Iowa Muster  (Read 4570 times)

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
2017 Division of Iowa Muster
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:08:08 AM »
My Striker, Sgt. Sofa, and I arrived in Grinnell at about 1400 Saturday last, just in time to tour the facilities at Brownell's headquarters. We were both impressed by the size and stock of it. We also found several items in the showroom that we'd have liked to have taken home, but alas, we were forced by finances to leave them where they sat.  :'(

From there it was off to the range to set up camp. Once the mobile command post was set up and leveled, the officers and men traveled into Newton City to Moo's BBQ, Which all agreed was quite wonderful. With our bellies full we returned to the range and engaged in the telling of various stories until light's out.

Sunday morning Division of Iowa Commander Sam Perfye divided the command into 2 columns in the hopes of more efficiently punishing the hostiles. His strategy worked wonderfully and by the time we halted for the midday repast, the command had subdued the hostiles in a most professional manner.

Here I should mention the Division of Iowa Commissary Department headed by Whiskey Double. Whiskey prepared some of the best BBQ I've had in some time. and there was plenty of it.

We then partook of the Precision part of the match, which I'm embarrassed to admit, found my preparations to be woefully inadequate. Hopefully, the others found themselves more up to the task. I won't know; however, until others post the results here as immediately upon completion of my turn at the targets I was forced to replace a tire on the mobile command post and upon completion of that task my striker and I quickly bid farewell to the other members of the command and departed for GAF Headquarters.

The trip home was found to be quite eventful, but that is a story for another time.

Hopefully others will file their reports and results here as well.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: 2017 Division of Iowa Muster
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 06:32:00 PM »
Had a great time.  As 1st Mate of the Filibuster / Gunrunner SS Dauntless, demonstrated both Italian and German weaponry for the Iowa contingent of the Argentine Army.  They went with the German.  (Excellent choice, though the Swiss engineered Italian products performed quite well.  I believe it was the added benefit of the new smokeless powder that swayed them, despite the higher cost.)

Much good food and fine whisky made for a pleasant exchange,  despite the language barrier.  (I unfortunately was weak in languages during my schooling, never advancing past Low Ozarkian, thus the local "Yankee" dialect remained a mystery.  Thankfully, good BBQ and whiskey are well understood by all)

In closing, I would remit to anyone wishing to overthrow dictators, run out furriners, or otherwise raise mayhem and discontent, that the "Dauntless" stands offshore for all your firearm and explosive needs.  

(Eventful.  Is that the Nebraska version of the Chinese "Interesting"?)
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 08:42:40 PM »
(Eventful.  Is that the Nebraska version of the Chinese "Interesting"?)
Something like that ::)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:44:51 AM »

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 03:04:16 PM »
Hopefully someone will post the pictures taken, or tell us where to find them!
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 02:38:24 PM »
Did anybody find a pair of Wiley-X glasses with Amber lenses? I found that they weren't in my pickup the week after the shoot but didn't worry about them as I thought they were in the camper. When the shop finally got the camper done and I went to retrieve it I found that my shooting glasses weren't in it, which can only mean they were lost at the Iowa Muster.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com