Author Topic: Break tops,  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Knuckles McDaniel

• Piano Player in the Longbranch
  • Very Active Citizen
    • Knuckles McDaniel, Actor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Break tops,
« on: June 19, 2005, 10:31:56 AM »
1. After enquiring about other guns I am trying to find out.
Whom of other Manufactuires  made "break Top" styled guns.
 Beside Smith and Wesson during the  Time delegated for CAS shooting.

dont tell me mumm you saw me working here
She think I play piano in a cat house

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Break tops,
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 06:28:15 PM »
Iver Johnson, Harrington & Richardson are the first ones to come to mind.  Many were double-action, so not leagal for main-match guns in SASS, but OK for NCOWS.  Many others, ususally referred to as "suicide specials" or "Saturday Night Specials".  Another one (although not a top-break - it kind of "twists" open) is the Merwin & Hulbert, but they are scarce and no one is making a repro at this time, though Cimmaron was thinking about it at one time.  Most of the IJ's and H&R's were small "pocket pistols" but I believe some were made full sized.  As far as foreign makes, probably the most plentiful would be the Webley, Enfield and Nagant revolvers, but again, they are all double-action, I believe.  Hope you can find something that works for you.
"Stand, gentlemen; he served on Samar"

GAF #301

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 04:22:09 PM »
Iver Johnson, Harrington & Richardson are the first ones to come to mind.  Many were double-action, so not leagal for main-match guns in SASS, but OK for NCOWS.  Many others, ususally referred to as "suicide specials" or "Saturday Night Specials".  Another one (although not a top-break - it kind of "twists" open) is the Merwin & Hulbert, but they are scarce and no one is making a repro at this time, though Cimmaron was thinking about it at one time.  Most of the IJ's and H&R's were small "pocket pistols" but I believe some were made full sized.  As far as foreign makes, probably the most plentiful would be the Webley, Enfield and Nagant revolvers, but again, they are all double-action, I believe.  Hope you can find something that works for you.

Nagants are solid frame.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:20:20 PM »

Offline Knuckles McDaniel

• Piano Player in the Longbranch
  • Very Active Citizen
    • Knuckles McDaniel, Actor
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 10:17:21 PM »
As establisher of this topic and there is a refeance of this topic in another aera of this forum
I am hereby concluding this thread
dont tell me mumm you saw me working here
She think I play piano in a cat house

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com