Author Topic: Lets do some looking at outfits  (Read 206782 times)

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Re: Lets do some looking at outfits
« Reply #280 on: April 13, 2017, 10:20:50 AM »
Looking good there Old School!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: August 09, 2017, 01:04:54 PM »
It sure stinks that Photobucket dropped their hosting.  Lost a lot of pictures on here!
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »
Here's me as Gabby and Color Sgt Bourne. I do the Gabby one month and then trim my beard into muttonchops for Bourne for the next shoot. We also do a 2 inch snubnose match where you use your belly gun as a third gun. Here's my Amish Mafia outfit.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Advertising

« Reply #283 on: Today at 09:58:31 AM »

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2017, 11:05:15 AM »
Here's me as Gabby and Color Sgt Bourne. I do the Gabby one month and then trim my beard into muttonchops for Bourne for the next shoot. We also do a 2 inch snubnose match where you use your belly gun as a third gun. Here's my Amish Mafia outfit.

The Gabby hat is awesome!
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: September 05, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »
Here's a pic of my Plains Indian "Sunday-go-to-meeting" outfit.  It is a work in progress.  I'm making some beaded mocs now.  And, getting some better feathers.  Eventually, I plan to add beading to the shirt. 
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline DB Books

• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2020, 12:21:43 PM »
Well, these things cost money, so I'm puttin' together an outfit as best I can. I'm putting together the outfit(s) for my character, DB-Daniel Banes-Books. Brother of JB Books, John Wayne's final character in, " the Shootist" that died in a gunfight in the saloon in Carson City, Nevada in 1901. Not quite as dressy as his older brother, but does spiff up a might. And as we've come to realize, vengeful brothers just seem to ride forever. The hat is a reproduction of one called a slouch, popular in the 1880's. The shirt is a Shiloh in a heavy cotton weave that gets scratchy without a tee-shirt underneath. The string tie with onyx was a birthday gift from my daughter and wife. I'd like to replace it with the more typical black ribbon tie. The lambskin leather waistcoat is imported from the UK and took some extra time to get. Too bad it has snaps. Couldn't find it with buttons or concho ties. I also picked up a gold plated hunter's watch and chain similar to that worn by JB Books. The belt is a concealed-carry belt from Midway USA. It has the ability to change buckles. The adjustable gun belt with 44,45 caliber cartridge loops is due in any time today, 04/23. So more pics coming. I changed the brass buckle for the Winchester Repeating Arms one that goes back at least some 55 years. Gives me a couple more inches to fit. The Holster is a 19th century reproduction of a quick draw one very much like I saw JW wear many times. The hat, shirt & holster are from Historic Emporium. The western diamondback rattler hatband is from Silver Hills Trading Company in Tucson, AZ. This outfit is part historic 19th century west, and part 50's-60's western.

This next pic is from a bit earlier day before the shirt and such came in. 2.5" belt from Walmart is a bit dark for my liking, but fit after cutting some more holes. These pics show my Co2 .177 caliber pellet/cartridge shooter copied from Colt's SAA with 5.5" barrel. Black grips seen here, but I've swapped on faux ivory ones already. Good plinker that doesn't make so much noise. And identical to the powder burners.

Never take life too seriously...there's always somebody else that will!

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2020, 02:53:46 PM »
DB,

Really admire that watch of your. It is a fine looking timepiece! (smile)

Dave

Offline DB Books

• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: May 11, 2020, 06:35:02 PM »
I got it on amazon. But the maker put pocket clips on both ends of the chain. Oopse! So I searched around, wound up on eBay where I found one that's a Victorian design that I had to add a pocket clip and it's mounting loop to the keyring clasp it came with to wear it.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #288 on: May 12, 2020, 11:08:49 AM »
Chance and I in our Span Am outfits. DA Colt revolvers too. You can see the butt of my krag. And my baggy butt.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Jeremiah Jones

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3945
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #289 on: May 12, 2020, 01:58:55 PM »
With the mask in public requirement, is anyone else wearing their CAS gear (empty holster) with a bandanna over your nose and mouth?  I get the strangest looks in Publix, buying groceries.
Scouts Out!

Offline DB Books

• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: May 16, 2020, 02:21:32 PM »
I do too. Bandana, slouch hat, and my red-n-black plaid logger coat. That's what my Canadian bud says they call'em. Or a tee shirt and my new 4-pocket vest with lapels. I get odd looks, or laughs. I consider it a compliment. Speaking of which, here's a couple pics of me with my new duds;

And my, " Fill your hands you SOB!" pose;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com