GENERAL TOPICS > Books & Movies

What's your favorite Western?

(1/105) > >>

The Arapaho Kid:
Let's get a sort of poll going here on your favorite Western.  I personally lean toward the comedy westerns. " How the West was Fun".  Among them are:  "Evil Roy Slade",  "Rustlers Rhapsody", "The Hallelujah Trail", "The Cheyenne Social Club", "Support Your Local Gunfighter", "Support your Local Sheriff"and "Waterhole #3".  I never saw a John Wayne movie I didn't like.  I have to be honest.  I didn't care all that much about the Clint Eastwood Speghetti Westerns.  They was somewhat close to reality, but they just didn't grab me like other Westerns have done.  Of course, the old Roy, Gene and Hoppy classics have always been favorites.  I grew up with those! 

So lets have it here!  What is/was your favorite Western?

RIO DEL RIO:
McLINTOCK, CAT BALLOU, CONAGHER, BITE THE BULLET, FOR GOOD FUN NOTHIN BEATS TRINITY IS MY NAME. DEATH RIDES A HORSE,FALSE COLORS.

Russ T Chambers:
Not sure! ??? ???   Gonna hafta think on this awhile.  :) :)  So many Westerns so little time!   ;D :D :D ;D

Advertising:

The Arapaho Kid:
Another sort of stylized Western that I like is "Red Garters" starring Rosie Clooney, Jack Carson and Guy Mitchell.  It's a kind of Western Comedy/Musical.  In that one they are always talking about "The Code of The West" and when that is said....all hats come off. 

Then, of course, there's the two Bob Hope Classics:  "Paleface" and "Son of Paleface".  Those are hilarious!

Texas Lawdog:
As for Western Comedies, "Blazing Saddles" has to considered.   "The Searchers" with John Wayne has to be best of the Classics.   The new Westerns with Tom Selleck, Open Range, and the Lonesome Dove movies are good also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version