Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1876

Let's Start a List: Chaparral and Uberti Production Problems

<< < (32/32)

Irascible:
Well it took 2 months, but the rifle is back today. I couldn't wait and cycled 3 rounds through it with no problem. After I finished my chores I loaded up 7 rounds and fired them off my back porch and into a swinger at 50 yds. Rifle worked flawless and every round hit the swinger. Now to re-install my tang sight, folding leaf replacement and Marbles front bead, then back to finding the right loads for both smokeless and BP.

Major 2:

--- Quote from: Irascible on March 24, 2017, 02:06:41 PM ---Well it took 2 months, but the rifle is back today. I couldn't wait and cycled 3 rounds through it with no problem. After I finished my chores I loaded up 7 rounds and fired them off my back porch and into a swinger at 50 yds. Rifle worked flawless and every round hit the swinger. Now to re-install my tang sight, folding leaf replacement and Marbles front bead, then back to finding the right loads for both smokeless and BP.

--- End quote ---

;D someone you knew ?

Swinger  
a. A person who actively seeks excitement and moves with the latest trends.
b. A person who engages freely in promiscuous sex.
c. A member of a couple, especially a married couple, who exchanges sexual partners.

Seriously, glad it worked out...

charlielima:
Voted "other"
New 1876 cal 40-60 WCF. purchased May 2017. Cleaning barrel for first time, first patch had lead. hour or so later, ptches started coming reasonably clean. Decided I ought to check inside receiver to see what it looked like. Side plate screw would not come loose. tried soaking with WD40, KROIL, Ballistol, or combinations thereof. even tried heating both ends of screw with soldering iron (oil soaking was over night. Screwdriver I was using was from a set of gunsmith quality screwdrivers from Midway. After all this I was attempting to loosen the screw, felt like it was starting to move, actually the screw head slot was getting damaged & the screwdriver tip broke one corner off. Ended upsending it to Texas to get fixed. I had to pay shipping myself. Information was that the problem was probably due to the bluing on the screw was not completely cured when installed & therefore rusted the screw in place. Rifle was inrepair shop for a month or so. Apparently designated facility is a one person operation & he must be busy as a 1 legged cat in a 5 acre sand box. I was told that the person had found a quick & easy way to get the screw loose. If that is case problem must be common. Screw had to be replaced. Shipping back to me & new screw was paid by  Cimmarron.

Advertising:

Baltimore Ed:
My leading problem is in my AR.45 acp Olympic Arms SBR and not a '76 so I don't know if my solution could be something helpful to you. But I use coated bullets in it and have no leading issues. Prior to using poly, accuracy would gradually deteriorate and bullets would keyhole. Obviously the baked on polycoating protects the bore from the lead. Just a suggestion. Another forum member was going to experiment with poly bullets and black but the consensus was that without bullet's lube to keep things loose he would have action problems.

Slamfire:
Hey ,, charlielima,, I know this is a older thread ,, but you say you bought a "40/60 " WCF from Cimmarron  ,,is ( was ) it a Uberti ,, I didn't know that Uberti made a "40/60 " WCF ,,hope it is working out for y'a .

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version