Author Topic: Approved Shotguns for NCOWS  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Approved Shotguns for NCOWS
« on: March 28, 2022, 07:30:18 PM »
Howdy-All of the links above in the sticky for Approved/Not Approved firearms started by Will Ketchum end up showing a 404 page/Not Found. All of the sites on the web I've checked show the same Approved/Not Approved list as shown on the NCOWS Home page. Most for revolvers and rifles appear fairly complete. For 'Shotguns', for double barrel/side by side shotguns it advises list to lengthy to print. Question---Where can I find a complete listing of Approved/Not Approved shotguns, specifically double barreled ones. Once upon a time I viewed it, but its hidin on me now. Thanks for any input.

Anyone going to post any pictures of the recent convention in Indiana?
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Approved Shotguns for NCOWS
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 09:30:55 AM »
The Judge has been at the convention, I am sure he will be back on the net sometime today.  Most of us are on the road home.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 12:17:43 PM »
Just curious but are Marlin hammer pumps allowed?
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:00:31 PM »

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 06:56:49 PM »
There are so many shotguns that will work for NCOWS. That is why we say “too numerous to list completely”. There is no list. Any shotgun design that is pre-1899 will probably work. This includes single barrel, double barrel (not O/U) with two or one trigger. Exposed or internal hammers. Period pump shotguns. The most common ones that will be seen is the Winchester 1897 (and clones), Stoeger Coach or Upland, and reproductions of the Colt 1878 SxS.

Baltimore Ed, the Marlin 1898 Pump shotgun is OK, but they do tend to shoot loose. You would have to prove to a local judge (or me) that is is solid and safe.

If anyone has a question on acceptability of a particular shotgun, email me at judge@NCOWS.org. I will give you an answer.
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 10:06:53 PM »
Thank you OklaTom for the response. I'll try to get an email sent off asp!
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com