Author Topic: Baikal shotgun  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Oldman11

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Baikal shotgun
« on: July 31, 2018, 05:40:26 AM »
There is a Baikal coach double 12 gauge made into a double .45-70 with full length barrels and rifle sights on Gun broker. My question is what would I use this set up for? The .45-70 liners are full length at either 16 in or 18 in and with rifle sights should shoot pretty good.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Re: Baikal shotgun
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 07:42:10 AM »
Cape buffalo , moose and bears
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 09:00:58 AM »

Squirrels.  Really BIG Saber Tooth Squirrels   ;D

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:54:07 AM »

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 10:03:18 AM »
Preventing an overflow of cash in your bank account!  ::)  Prevention of boredom while you work up loads. Creation of artistic bruises on your shoulder (depending on the amount of padding on your shooting jacket). Protection against any escaped tyrannosaurs in case you visit Jurassic Park.  Just for the hellovit!   ;)
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Reverend P. Babcock Chase

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 03:09:57 PM »
Howdy TR,

Forget what to use it for. It should be a hoot to shoot... unless the barrels aren't well regulated to the same point of aim at some distance. If they shoot to two different places, they will cause endless frustration. Then you would have to accept the one barrel is sighted in and the other is just for a throw away second shot. By the way, if you can get them within 5 or 6 inches at between 50 and 75 yards you might have some fun.

Just saying'

Reverend Chase

Offline G Bulldog Grainisland III

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 01:22:08 AM »
Preventing an overflow of cash in your bank account!  ::)  Prevention of boredom while you work up loads. Creation of artistic bruises on your shoulder (depending on the amount of padding on your shooting jacket). Protection against any escaped tyrannosaurs in case you visit Jurassic Park.  Just for the hellovit!   ;)

Methinks Mr Trailrider has this one nailed. Airtight!

:)

-Bulldog

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 04:24:44 PM »

Me thinks, twer the thing semi-regulated, where the two barrels print side by each about an inch and a half apart, could be a really fun Rifle.  Er .. Shotgun.  Er, rifle-shotgun. 

I have a partner (who saved my bacon this past weekend) who shoots an H&R Handi Rifle in 45-70 for Plainsman.  His load is with Round Ball (454 crimp at equator), some BP and some filler.  The thing shoots like a laser.  Now, if that Baikal is semi-regulated, with those Round Ball Loads it would be really fun!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com