Author Topic: Cobra Derringer  (Read 3823 times)

Offline Cactus Patch Kid

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cobra Derringer
« on: June 05, 2009, 04:29:45 PM »
Hi Ya'll,

Recently bought a Cobra over-under derringer. Not a horrible little piece except for two things...takes 2 men to cock it and 3 men to pull the trigger. OMG!!! Anyone have any experience with one of these little things regarding lightening the hammer / trigger?

Thanks guys,

The Cactus Patch Kid
(near sunny St. Louis)

Offline Four Eyed Floyd

• Top Active Citizen
  • Welcome to Deadwood
  • Liked:
Re: Cobra Derringer
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:51:21 PM »
I have one too. And you are correct it is a bear at first and there is a mystery way to pull the trigger that makes it easier. If you shoot it a lot it will loosen up eventually.
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311
Scioto Territory Desperadoes

Offline Skinny Preacher 66418

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:13:24 AM »
my bro-in-law has one in 32 acp.  i cut 1.5 coils off the hammer spring and it helped alot. i did this after having the replace the allen screw that holds on the recoil plate (head popped off and i nearly lost the pins and plate). it still is a tough pull but is more usable now. take too much off and you'll get light strikes. you should note that the tough trigger pull is considered to be a good thing since it is a spur trigger (i guess in the event that you drop it).
Smoke em if ya got em.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:24:47 PM »

Offline Pappy Myles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »
Mine is in 38 special.  Its a bear to cock, a bear to pull the trigger, and a GRIZZLY to hand on to when it goes bang.  Started to load 38 s&W with a 90 grain bullet.      The medium to full load 158's.........dont even try.
NRA Patron Member
NRA Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
TSRA Life Member
USMC Vet
Dirty RAT # 308
Life SASS # 59784 ROI and ROII

Offline Professor Honeyfuggler

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 09:59:04 PM »
The mystery way to pull the trigger is the same thing as the Bond... pull down (like towards the ground) more than back.

I can understand it, I can feel it when I do it right, I just can't do it consitently. Dangedest thing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com