Author Topic: Frontiersman Shoot.  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Frontiersman Shoot.
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »
 :(  Well I didn't have a good day yesterday.  One of my Dragoons gave up the ghost half way through a match.  I had to take it apart and lost one of the grip frame screws and then, after I got it all broken down and all the BP Fouling cleaned off I find a huge burr on the Hammer cam that activates the Cylinder bolt.

I've got the pistol all apart on my workbench waiting for a new hammer and grip screw.

One good thing, I was having a clean match up to this malfunction.  I was hitting everything I was shooting at, even with my Spencer.  In fact, the Spencer was a surprise for all.  The Posse all kidded me and commented that I was a Glutten for Punishment.

A little more practice and I'll have the Spencer down Pat and shooting a little faster.
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Offline Two Flints

• Spencer Shooting Society Founder & Moderator
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Moderating SSS IS a "Labor of Love"!
  • Liked:
Re: Frontiersman Shoot.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »
Grapeshot,

Original or repro Spencer ??? ???  What load were you using that worked for you ??? ???

Thanks for posting your shoot results ;D

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 05:53:56 AM »
Grapeshot,

Original or repro Spencer ??? ???  What load were you using that worked for you ??? ???

Thanks for posting your shoot results ;D

Two Flints

The Carbine was the Taylor's Armi Sport .56/.50.  I was using 2.2 cc's of 777behind a 350 grain .512 diameter bullet from a Lyman Mold I picked up a year or so ago.  I did notice that you have to be firm and sharp when working that lever. ;D
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:25:49 AM »

Offline Capt Clancey Mitarwan

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »
I followed your lead and shot Frontiersman this past weekend. My Uberti 1851 Navy called it quits on three chambers, but the Pietta(!) chugged along. My Spencer, as always, shot like a champ. 200gr LSP with grease cookie over all the holy black I could get in.
Service before self.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com