Author Topic: Stoeger 1873 Carbine in 44-40  (Read 952 times)

Offline Charlie Drage

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Stoeger 1873 Carbine in 44-40
« on: September 15, 2020, 08:15:51 PM »
Hey y’all

Just acquired this today! Few spots where surface rust Had been cleaned up and needs to be touched up but otherwise shot very little. Action is smooth as butter! Excited about it as I have a beautiful Cimmeron Short Rifle case hardened in 45 colt. This should be a shooter that I won’t be afraid to get a scratch on! Not that I don’t shoot the Cimmeron....a lot in fact, but it’s too purty to bang around on a shooting table or carry to the woods. (New hasn’t wore off for me yet I guess) Haven’t taken any pictures yet but will share when I do!

Any other Uberti Stoegers out there? Does Stoeger still import these? Don’t see them on web site!

Charlie

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
Re: Steiger 1873 Carbine in 44-40
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 07:52:52 PM »
My ‘73/‘76 carbine build’s donor was a Stoeger .45LC, thinking its as good [or bad] as any uberti. Believe that I replaced finger and carriers springs and their screws. Also built my modded coiled main spring. After I cleaned the ugly red stain off the buttstock I found a very figured stock but for a military carbine I wanted a plain straight stock. Planning on using it at my club’s next shoot in a week. Going to shoot .45 schofield loads to get the necessary 10 in the shortened up mag. From the deck it hits my 30 yd plate rail and small marshals fine. Should hit the club’s full sized targets easily.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Charlie Drage

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Stoeger 1873 Carbine in 44-40
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 08:33:46 AM »
Anyone have any luck/experience with any of the chemical case hardening products? Thinking about cleaning up the receiver and giving this a try! Don’t want to have to pull barrel off to do this unless absolutely have to!

Advertising

Re: Stoeger 1873 Carbine in 44-40
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:16:51 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com