Author Topic: Uberti Matching Sets  (Read 5816 times)

Offline Kenebec Bill

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Uberti Matching Sets
« on: June 03, 2013, 08:51:17 AM »
Howdy,

Does anybody shoot Uberti's Matching Set revolvers?  How do you like them?  I really like the looks of the nickel 5-1/2" 45LC pair I've seen.

I tried doing a search, but was unsuccessful.
Kenebec Bill
SASS #2524

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Uberti Matching Sets
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »
Do you have a photo or part number?  I have never seen a Uberti "Matching Set."  Wouldn't make any difference if they came two in a box.  A Uberti is a Uberti and they are pretty decent guns.  If you are going to use them in competition ALL out of the box factory revolvers can use a tune up to make them ready for competition.

Went on-line.  Here they are.  Just two regular Ubertis in a box.  We (Winter Range) have Uberti, EMF, Taylors and Cimmarron as sponsors and so far I haven't seen any of the "matched" sets although they will always be more than glad to sell you two.

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/cattleman-matching-set.php

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:02:07 PM »
Hello,  I have an amazing matched set but I have decided to sell them as I kind of fell into a trio of .44s and so that is where I am headed pistol wise.  These things are absolute beauties, perfectly timed and don't appear to have been fired.  rather than shoot them up I decided to sell them to help pay for some reloading equipment.  I fear one day I will regret dumping these as they are without a doubt the sweetest SAAs I have handled and I will never replace them at this cost.  But, I got more pistolas than I need and not enough rifles/reloading.  

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=355757594
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:24:25 AM »

Offline KidTerico

• kidterico
  • Top Active Citizen
  • I,m to small to turn the other cheek.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:59:19 PM »
Here's a matching set of Ubertis I have. I had the grips custom made with checker on one side and fish scale on the other. When you switch to opposite sides in holsters the other design is showing.KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Offline Bibbyman

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 99098
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 07:04:15 PM »

I just posted this picture in the show off your clone topic but since you ask....

These came in two boxes and slid in another cardboard sleeve.   The serial numbers march except for a prefix of L & R.  I am very impressed with fit and finish and the actions.   I bought them to shoot cowboy action.

Offline Highlander999

• Top Active Citizen
  • We don't rent pigs.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 03:19:02 PM »
Well I have a couple of Cimarron Matching sets....

A matched set of 5 1/2" Artillery (with U.S. Stamping), and Tru-Ivory Grips (the gun with the darker grips is my regular gun I carry horseback etc)... 

and this set of 4 3/4" Cimarron's one with Birdshead grips.

“I have, in my day, thieved cattle, your lordship. But none that were under my watch” (“Is that what passes for honor with a MacGregor”, Earl of Montrose), “What passes for honor with me, is likely not the same as with your Lordship, when my word is given, it is good”
                     (Rob Roy)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com