Author Topic: What's your favorite Western?  (Read 337820 times)

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What's your favorite Western?
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2010, 12:26:37 AM »
QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER

BLAZING SADDLES

THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE

RIO BRAVO

SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON

HIGH NOON
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2010, 12:33:15 AM »
Duh.....
I was going to add I actually saw Blazing Saddles at the drive in but on horseback. A pack of us kids saddled up & parked our horses at the chain link fence. We were outfitted with movie goodies in our own saddle bags. Sheriff dept ran us off but we hid in the bushes 'til they left an finished the movie, then rode home  ;D
Letty
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline kcub

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2010, 08:55:31 AM »
did yall eat beans around a campfire?

Advertising

« Reply #243 on: Today at 09:54:24 AM »

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2010, 09:02:08 AM »
Feared so  :o
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline Federalist

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2010, 12:31:20 AM »
Absolutly Apaloosa!  I like the 10 gauge and the girl sure is purdy! ;)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2010, 03:45:54 AM »

All three of them are rabid, anti-gun liberals...!

Bill

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2010, 10:39:36 AM »

Bill

That makes them hypocrites in my book.
A work in progress.

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2010, 04:55:39 PM »

Bill

With all due respect, Bill, if you apply that standard to all of your movie watching, you better break out the coloring books and pinochle cards 'cause its gonna be a long wait...

How many actors can you name, besides Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott, who personally support the Second Amendment?

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »

You, of course, have the right to that opinion.  To me, they're simply actors playing roles.

Should we have required Charlize Theron to practice serial murder before she played a serial murderer?

Should we have required Anthony Hopkins to engage in cannibalism before playing the role of Hannibal Lecter?

Should we have required Tom Selleck and Laura San Giacomo to nearly die in the Australian outback before making Quigley Down Under?

For that matter, should we have required Tom Selleck to make multiple hits on that bucket, 900+ yards away, from the standing position, before he could play Matthew Quigley?

Somehow I think not.

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »
With all due respect, Bill, if you apply that standard to all of your movie watching, you better break out the coloring books and pinochle cards 'cause its gonna be a long wait...

How many actors can you name, besides Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott, who personally support the Second Amendment?

Typical liberal knee jerk remark...

Bill

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: March 24, 2010, 06:30:29 PM »

It absolutely makes them hypocrites... Although fellow Lib-Tards won't like a fellow liberal, called a hypocrite.

Listen to the weeping, the wailing and the gnashing of teeth in the following posts on this thread.

Bill

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2010, 12:10:14 PM »

Typical liberal knee jerk remark...

Bill

You didn't answer the question.

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2010, 12:12:50 PM »
It absolutely makes them hypocrites... Although fellow Lib-Tards won't like a fellow liberal, called a hypocrite.

Listen to the weeping, the wailing and the gnashing of teeth in the following posts on this thread.

Bill

There you go again.

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2010, 12:38:38 PM »
Wow!  This thread is getting a gnarly for a thread on entertainment.  :(

Let's all play nice and recognize that the internet is also a form of entertainment please.   ;)
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »
Wow!  This thread is getting a gnarly for a thread on entertainment.  :(

Let's all play nice and recognize that the internet is also a form of entertainment please.   ;)

<------ Playing nice...  ;) ;D

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
I happen to agree with Daniel and no one who knows me in the slightest would accuse me of being a liberal.

I see a difference in an actor playing a role and someone who takes an anti-American action such as Jane Fonda in her infamous picture on the North Vietnam antiaircraft gun.  She will never see a dime of my money if I can help it and in a different time she would have been charged with treason.

If we limited ourselves to seeing movies that stared only true blue conservatives we wouldn't see very many, if any. ::)

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: March 25, 2010, 01:00:52 PM »
The Movie actors have for the most part been liberal in their political views. The State of California is considered more liberal than some parts of the US. Actors have their own opinions just like we do, but we can choose our own opinions. As long as they don't try to force their opinions on me, I don't have a problem with it. We can agree to disagree.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: March 25, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »

<delete>

If we limited ourselves to seeing movies that stared only true blue conservatives we wouldn't see very many, if any. ::)

Will Ketchum

Some of you won't like reading this...!

To me, it is a question of a persons moral and political value system... My personal value system says don't support the Hollywood liberal, elite, anti-gun, HYPOCRITES...! They want people like you and I penned up anyway.

I don't need to be entertained by hypocrites. If I don't see, or buy, their latest movie, then I don't put a few pennys in their pockets. And, that makes me personally feel, pretty good. I wouldn't like myself otherwise. I won't compromise my personal frame of reference just to see one of their movies.

Although you may feel different, which is your right, I'm very comfortable with the way I conduct myself.

I met Charleton Heston on the movie set of Will Penny. What a really great man he was. What you saw about him, was what he was all about.

When Charleton Heston was alive, and president of the NRA, I met him many times, and assisted him, at several southern California NRA events. As a result of this Heston invited me to several other non-NRA functions, one particular event, in Beverly Hills. Unknown to me Jane Fonda was there. She stuck her traitorous hand out, to shake my hand. I said to her, right to her face, "I'll be damned if I will do that."

You should have seen the smile on Hestons face.

It's too bad Heston had to die the way he did, with Alzheimers. He was a good Christian gentleman, and like Ronald Reagan, too good a man to pass that way.

Bill

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: March 25, 2010, 06:11:46 PM »
Bill. on the contrary, I don't mind reading what you wrote and I respect you for your opinions and your convictions.  I envy you for having the opportunity to me Mr. Heston and the chance to stick it to the Fonda b!tch.  Perhaps there is or should be a web site that listed which actors were conservatives.

I don't go to many movies any more but I did see "The Book of Elie", which I enjoyed.  I have no idea what Danzel Washington's politics are.

Respectfully
Will Ketchum

Some of you won't like reading this...!

To me, it is a question of a persons moral and political value system... My personal value system says don't support the Hollywood liberal, elite, anti-gun, HYPOCRITES...! They want people like you and I penned up anyway.

I don't need to be entertained by hypocrites. If I don't see, or buy, their latest movie, then I don't put a few pennys in their pockets. And, that makes me personally feel, pretty good. I wouldn't like myself otherwise. I won't compromise my personal frame of reference just to see one of their movies.

Although you may feel different, which is your right, I'm very comfortable with the way I conduct myself.

I met Charleton Heston on the movie set of Will Penny. What a really great man he was. What you saw about him, was what he was all about.

When Charleton Heston was alive, and president of the NRA, I met him many times, and assisted him, at several southern California NRA events. As a result of this Heston invited me to several other non-NRA functions, one particular event, in Beverly Hills. Unknown to me Jane Fonda was there. She stuck her traitorous hand out, to shake my hand. I said to her, right to her face, "I'll be damned if I will do that."

You should have seen the smile on Hestons face.

It's too bad Heston had to die the way he did, with Alzheimers. He was a good Christian gentleman, and like Ronald Reagan, too good a man to pass that way.

Bill
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: March 25, 2010, 06:38:40 PM »
Will, I'm glad to finally meet you and hope you had a good time at the Convention. We might think about showing some Old Westerns at the Convention next year.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com