Author Topic: Pedersoli 1877 Overbaugh Sharps  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Barbarossa

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Pedersoli 1877 Overbaugh Sharps
« on: March 11, 2021, 08:58:06 AM »
Hi
Anyone have any experience with the pedersoli 1877 sharps ,I m trying to decide between that and the Pedersoli officers trapdoor .It would mainly be used for hunting

Offline Herbert

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pedersoli 1877 Overbaugh Sharps
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 03:01:28 PM »
I have one I use for the 200 meter BP cartridge shoot at our club it is very accurate wen I do my job,they are lighter than the standard 1874 model but sill get heavy after being carried for a few ours on a hunt

Offline Cap'n Redneck

• Commd'g Co. D, Frontier Batt'n, Texas Rangers.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Cap'n Redneck SWS #163.
  • GAF #: 273
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 05:16:30 PM »
Do You plan on hunting with smokeless or blackpowder? 
Are You planning on hunting large game or small game?
What do Your local laws and hunting regulations say about calibers and impact energy?

In my experience the .45-70 Pedersoli Sharps can be handloaded with smokeless to the velocity and impact energy that is required to legally hunt deer, moose and reindeer here in Norway. (2200 Joule)
The Trap-Door can only be safely loaded to the level required for roe-deer and smaller game. (980 Joule)

Another advantage for the Sharps is that it can be fitted with a period correct long scope, whereas on the Trap-Door the opening of the trapdoor will conflict with the scope, unless it's side-mounted.

One advantage to the Trap-Door is the speedy ejection of empty shells.

If I didn't already own two Italian Sharps rifles, I'd seriously consider the Overbaugh model myself...
"As long as there's lead in the air, there's still hope..."
Frontiersman & Frontiersman Gunfighter: The only two categories where you can play with your balls and shoot your wad while tweaking the nipples on a pair of 44s.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:22:20 PM »

Offline Barbarossa

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 07:10:00 PM »
I m planning on shooting mostly black powder in it and I m kind of leaning towards the officers trapdoor because of the weight and I liken the style

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com