Author Topic: Uberti Flattop Target .44-40  (Read 1953 times)

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Uberti Flattop Target .44-40
« on: November 18, 2019, 08:50:58 AM »
I got this a while ago but I don't think I ever posted a pic. Uberti Flattop Target .44-40 made in 2017 with both hammer block safety and long base pin safety.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Uberti Flattop Target .44-40
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 05:08:27 PM »

Really nice Uberti.  Not to drift the thread (I am anyway) you'd actually think with the Two Position base pin and the Hammer Block, Uberti would have been satisfied.  However, the retracting firing pin eliminates the shooter having to consciously apply the safety.  Moron Proof dontcha know.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 06:23:31 PM »
Nice!  How's it shoot?

Coffinmaker, nothin's Moron Proof.  They keep tryin' but we keep getting more moronical morons.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:02:10 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:16:37 AM »

PLUS ONE to Abilene   ;D

There is no such thing as "Moron Proof."  I was/am "tongue in cheek" when I elude to any manufacturer attempting to devise something "moron proof."  Ain't no such thing.  That "retractable" firing pin however, seems to define "morons" at the manufacturing level.  What a CROCK!!

Just my take.

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 04:10:05 PM »
That "retractable" firing pin however, seems to define "morons" at the manufacturing level.  What a CROCK!!

Ah Coffin -

it is a Vessel of That Which Is Powerful and which Promotes Growth!

yhs
prof mvl
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 09:07:53 AM »
 The timing was good out of the box, the cylinder was sticky on two chambers but it got easier to turn after I shot it a couple times. The trigger is nice, I don't have a scale but I'd guess around 3 pounds. One significant gripe is the front sight loosened in it's dovetail after a few shooting sessions. I fixed it with some JB Weld and it seems to be holding. Overall I am pleased but I also must confess I have not gotten very impressive accuracy but I am not willing to blame the gun at this point. About the best I can do is 2" at 15 yards which I don't find all that good since I have cap n' ball revolvers that do much better. However, I am more used to those tiny sights on cap guns and this Flattop has the wide square notch type. I think it will get better the more I shoot it. I have been shooting it mostly with black powder.

Offline Cholla Hill Tirador

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 03:56:52 AM »
 I'm glad to see this post.

I bought one of these in 44 WCF in August of last year from Dixie. It's a very well built revolver and fitted quite nicely. It has the RFP as well, so I ordered a standard hammer and a new trigger, which at the time were on clearance at Midway for something like $10.

I don' think I even fired it with the 44 WCF cylinder, but quickly fit a .44 Special cylinder to it. I've fired thousands of rounds from quite a few revolvers over the last 10 years or so, but this is hands-down the most accurate revolver I have ever fired in my life.

Ultimately I worked up a heavy hunting load and used the revolver for one of last years deer.

Much as I despise the RFP, the revolver shot so well that I haven't even bothered to switch the hammer and trigger out.

CHT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com