CAS TOPICS > The Longbranch

gunoholic

<< < (77/105) > >>

Major 2:
Whole bunch of carrots was dangled in front of me... but I had a bit of tunnel vision and fell in into the trap again ....
A 1907 Savage came home with the price extremely right, planets aligned and bingo.

I disassemble it for visual and detail cleaning, I'm a little embarrassed I can't seem to get the striker assembly to rotate back ( I can get it in it just doesn't want to turn  ??? )

Am I doing something wrong ?   not really, just persistence

Up Date...  GOT IT  the trick is to lube it well for reassembly. These were machined at tight tolerances, no screws at all not even for the grips... oil it well on mating surfaces, and hold your tongue right and Bob's your uncle  ;D  comes under a heading "simple PITA"
NEAT gun though, and once you know how...

DeaconKC:
I used to have one of those and they are a royal pain to reassemble. My suggestion is to pull it completely apart, and check for any tiny pieces of grit or lint. It is built to extremely tight tolerances. Good luck on the little beast.
PS: Triple K makes magazines that do function in those beasts.

Major 2:
That helps, the YouTube video made it look like a snap to reassemble, I just keep on at it.

Thanks, on the Triple K heads-up

Advertising:

Major 2:
By serial # my gun was made in 1910, I shot it Yesterday.

Undertaker18:
I might be one myself.  After my heart attack I decided to get rid of some to make it easier on the wife when the bucket is not repairable.

I inventoried and had 212.  I contacted an LGS for help getting rid of them.  He has sold 11 for me so far and I have gifted 10 to my daughter.  I am down to 211. 

Since I am an accountant, I am having trouble with the math. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version