CAS TOPICS > The Longbranch

gunoholic

<< < (57/105) > >>

Baltimore Ed:
Like your ā€˜66 but have a ā€˜66 musket so Iā€™m set. Thinking that 2022 would be a good year to finish up projects and not buy any new toys. Have at least 7 gun related irons in the fire plus house and deck reprs. And my AS to rebuild.

Major 2:
Not mine, I haven' had a 66 in a long time, Henry's and 73's yes, but the 66 (a 38 special) was sold in about 1988.

I passed on this one

pony express:
I have heard that those MAS 49's converted to .308 cave a pretty spotty reputation for reliability. May depend on who did the conversion work.

Advertising:

Major 2:
PE -(MAS 49) I could not say who or when the conversion was dome.
It wasn't really on my radar of interest, one of the LGS partners was buying it anyway.

Major 2:
The 'ol Debbel is work'n' overtime on my gun affliction.

Got called to the LGS to look at "something" in a collection just brought in, always chancy  :-\

It was an 1878 Martini Henry, not a bad shooter grade, refinished but not over done cartouche's still present, and a good bore....
Same guy brought in a Mauser K98, also shooter grade, importers marked, again wood refinished good rifling w/ Bayonet...
a Mk4 Enfield w/ bayonet.
A Swiss SCHMIDT RUBIN K31 Rifle also with Bayonet
I liked the Mauser but "nofundums "

He had a original 1927 Winchester 1890 Pump.... in very good cond.  I'd like that TOO, sadly same condition 0 funds
well not quite, but not enough either  ::)

What with Santa, due  or what would Santa DO !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version