Author Topic: Hey Stoney Pete--You Been Giving My Wife Ideas?  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hey Stoney Pete--You Been Giving My Wife Ideas?
« on: August 13, 2004, 08:52:53 AM »
Hey Stoney Pete,

You been giving my wife ideas? Remember when you said this on another thread?

.....I'll give 'em a project they won't like. ;) ;D

Last night she bought me a new hard drive for my computer. We were in Best Buy, they had a 160 Gigibyte Hard Drive for $70 after rebates, and the sale/regular price wasn't bad either. So she bought it for me. Now I have a new project. Backing up all my files on this computer and getting things ready to be switched over. Should take me most of today to do the backups. This time I plan to label the discs.  ::) ::)
Rufford B. "Ruff" Justice
SASS #16965, WASA #155, GHSS CP-088, Oregon Trail Regulators (Nebraska) #7
RO I & II
Double Barrel C's Land and Cattle Co.
Orlando, FL

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Hey Stoney Pete--You Been Giving My Wife Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 08:57:13 AM »
Hey Stoney Pete,

You been giving my wife ideas? Remember when you said this on another thread?

.....I'll give 'em a project they won't like. ;) ;D

Last night she bought me a new hard drive for my computer. We were in Best Buy, they had a 160 Gigibyte Hard Drive for $70 after rebates, and the sale/regular price wasn't bad either. So she bought it for me. Now I have a new project. Backing up all my files on this computer and getting things ready to be switched over. Should take me most of today to do the backups. This time I plan to label the discs.  ::) ::)

If you don't have two hard drives in your PC already then why don't you just add the new as a slave to the other.  That way you can move your personla files to the new hard drive and just let your OS run on the old one.  When you get ready to buy a new PC all you have to do is move the hard drive with your personal files to the new PC.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 09:01:52 AM »
Howdy Miz Camille,

Actually I thought of that. But my dad needs a different HD in his computer. He let a friend talk him into upgrading to XP and his HD is about 5 Gigs. Sort of was thinking clean out mine and let him have that.

This computer is new, about 6 months. With the CPU speed and RAM I have in it, I am good for at least the next 2 years, unless something radical comes out. I just switched over the HD from my old one. Should of upgraded the HD at that point after the crash, but never did.
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:10:18 PM »

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 09:12:51 AM »
Who me? ::)  I'd never sell you down the river. 

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 10:21:08 AM »
Howdy Miz Camille,

Actually I thought of that. But my dad needs a different HD in his computer. He let a friend talk him into upgrading to XP and his HD is about 5 Gigs. Sort of was thinking clean out mine and let him have that.

This computer is new, about 6 months. With the CPU speed and RAM I have in it, I am good for at least the next 2 years, unless something radical comes out. I just switched over the HD from my old one. Should of upgraded the HD at that point after the crash, but never did.
Hookup your new HD as the Master and install the OS onto it. Hookup your old HD as the slave and transfer the files to the new HD. That way you don't have to mess with floppy disks, etc.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Ruff Justice

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 11:42:44 AM »
Howdy Silver Creek Slim,

Floppies what are those? I used 2 CD-Rs, labeled them neatly and am currently deleteing programs, removing passwords, cleaning out my history, before I give this HD to me dad. Although I am thinking of making CAS City his homepage.  8) 8)
RO I & II
Orlando, FL

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 11:58:23 AM »
Sounds good, Ruff.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com