Author Topic: Fake Buck Rub  (Read 7806 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Fake Buck Rub
« on: August 24, 2004, 11:15:20 AM »
Several years ago I was doing some work with the Bobcat around the little farm my dad grew up on.  Just about 50 yards below the trailerhouse we use fer a cabin I got a funny idea.  There was a bunch of elm saplings about 2 inches in diameter, bout the size male deer like to beat on in the fall.

I took the bucket and run it up and down several times on several trees.  I then rocked the bobcat back an forth a couple of times,  a little work with a rake and hoe and I had an impressive but not overdown buck rub, one that could be seen by sitting it the porch swing.  All ready fer the next weekend, my cousin would be down to check the zero on his rifle!

The next Saterday I wend down and poured some water on the spot and kicked things around a bit.  Waiting till I seen his purple truck coming up the road a mile away, I placed a couple of handfuls of raisins in my "Buck Rub." ::)

When he got out of his truck I told him I had found a good rub for him to watch, took him over to the porch swing and told him that was his stand, pointed south and he could see the bare white wood on the saplings.  We went down to look it over and when we got there I picked up a bunch of "deer sign" and popped them in my mouth and said, "Tastes like it has at least 5 points on a side. :o  Needed a camera.  Caught  the two neighbor kids in my trap, latter in the day when they came to zero. :o
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fake Buck Rub
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 12:11:52 PM »
Delmonico! :D You sure have a fertile mind! ;) Other than the dropped jaw, what did your cousin do after retching up his breakfast?

BB ;D
Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 12:40:18 PM »
What a devious mind!  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:27:25 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 01:15:07 PM »
The sad thing is my cousin who has known me for 40 years (his age) was only slightly shocked.  He said he was not sure if I would really not do it.  Now the 16 and 18 year old neighbor kids who did not know me as well. :o

Somewhere floating around is a picture of my brother with his orange vest on, hanging upside down by a rope from a tree limp.  Course there are 2 or 3 deer hanging on the same limb.  We did not fields dress him though.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 01:37:39 PM »
You guys almost have too much fun.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 01:57:17 PM »
The second Saterday in November look off to the South-West in the evening after dark.  Look for the orange glow (sometimes changing to blue, green or maybe some other color)  That is the fire after I am done cooking and turn it over to the heathens.

Course anything like that I never participate in, I am only tech adviser, since the rest of them did poorly in science.

I do have a 50 pound iron lead pot that we do some smelting in.  It has went from cold to full melt in about 10 minutes.  (If we only had a coal seam on the place, wood is so limiting)  The heck with a hand bellows, a 5 hp gas air compresser is less work, but it is noisy.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 02:21:41 PM »
So you are saying the Druid pyres paled in comparison.  ;D

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 02:38:23 PM »
I am a Druid, I plan on dancing naked in the oak grove on the night of the 21st of December.   :o  (If it ain't really cold, I am a Reformed Druid, we have the option of skipping the winter Solstice if it is too cold.  Orthodox Druids have to dance no matter the weather.)

Never fear though, ya can't see the oak grove from the road. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 03:01:53 PM »
Thank goodness.  ::)

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com