Author Topic: My new Rodeo sn#2××  (Read 812 times)

Offline Tankerfrank

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My new Rodeo sn#2××
« on: August 11, 2023, 04:52:24 PM »
Howdy y'all I'm new to this forum and I just purchased off a GunBroker a USFA Rodeo serial number B2xx, and I have a question I know the very early rodeos were made of Italian parts now was this all the pistols were made from Italian parts or are there some American and some Italian parts and if so which ones are Italian and which ones generally are American. I've seen a posting a few down for me that the gentleman had a normal Single Action Army and I tried to look at like the objection tube and the hammer and I can't really tell where the cam is and stuff like that. Now I do have a American Western Arms Peacemaker that I tried to compare to the rodeo. And I still can't make out which part of Italian and which ones are us. Now I know the Peacemaker is got a lot of Italian Parts but I do believe some of the parts are American as well. I own many original Colts single actions but they've just gotten so expensive same thing with these rodeos and other USFA revolvers. So I basically been looking out mostly for the American Western Arms because the one I purchased off of GunBroker a year ago was so damn cheap and brand new in the box and it's a sweet pistol anyway I hope to make friends here if anybody's got questions about M1 carbines or M1 Garand I can help you out cuz I know those guns backwards and forwards

Offline Tankerfrank

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: My new Rodeo sn#2××
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 05:34:58 PM »
Boy it's really hard to take photos and make them small enough to fit on this file is there a suggestion on my phone settings I don't know when it comes to technology I am as dumb as a rock thank you

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 07:19:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Your B prefix on the serial number pretty much says it is more than likely an Italian parts revolver. Would need to see better photos of the cam on the ejector housing, nice close profile of the cylinder, need to see if the sides of the front sight are tapered or parallel and square at the top, and need to see the firing pin. Also a view inside the loading gate where the loading gate shaft enters the frame would help.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:06:52 PM »

Offline Tankerfrank

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 08:56:38 PM »
Well my question is were all the parts on these early rodeos Italian or was the frame and Barrel American and small parts possibly be Italy because I'm having trouble trying to take photos to get them in there seems like when I take the photos they're just too large and I don't know how to get my camera to make them smaller so photos I sent are probably going to be the best that I can get but thanks for all your help

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 07:44:17 AM »
American Western Arms was Dave Anderson's collaboration was ASM (Armi San Marco).
 They produced an almost exact replica of the Colt Peacemaker.
Like seen in your photo right down to the grips.
The AWA ran afoul with corporate COLT, over the use of brand Peacemaker, and Colt brought suit.

I had an AWA Peacemaker in 44/40, it was extremely good in fit, finish and function.
  I seem to recall the guns were shipped as dissembled parts in the white and then assembled in the USA.
 Anderson also made a few Prototypes of C&B and Richards conversion with then USPFA.

The Colt Suit & Andersons' personal issues were the demise of what was American Western Arms.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 08:11:11 AM »

:) Major 2  ;)

Um, I don't quite think so.  AWA was an entity of itself, utilizing guns made by Armi San Marco.  AWA/ASM did run afoul of Colt for Trade Mark and Copy Right infringement and that court proceedings broke AWA.  AWA then re-imerged as AWA USA under the direction of a Florida Gunsmith (Richard Something).

Dave Anderson was honcho of Freedom Frontier Firearms out it California.  Again, Dave Anderson was utilizing "in the white" parts from Armi San Marco, specifically the ASM First Model Richards conversions, both 1860 and 1851, as well as a really close copy of the Open Top.  Andersons guns were really top notch.  I was stashing pin money inna sock drawer to afford a pair of Anderson's guns when the afore mention personal issues took him down.  It may have been American Frontier Firearms though.  I'm not perfectly sure.  Memory of a Gnat ya know.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2023, 08:41:17 AM »
I needed my memory jogged...Dave Anderson was American Frontier Firearms.
Dave Anderson was utilizing "in the white" parts from Armi San Marco.

American Western Arms bought ASM in 2000, Anderson lost his parts source.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2023, 12:41:21 PM »
Well my question is were all the parts on these early rodeos Italian or was the frame and Barrel American and small parts possibly be Italy because I'm having trouble trying to take photos to get them in there seems like when I take the photos they're just too large and I don't know how to get my camera to make them smaller so photos I sent are probably going to be the best that I can get but thanks for all your help

You have to reduce the photo size by editing it with a photo app on your computer after you download them to your computer. Your camera won't make the photos smaller I don't think.

Offline Tankerfrank

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2023, 12:45:01 PM »
You have to reduce the photo size by editing it with a photo app on your computer after you download them to your computer. Your camera won't make the photos smaller I don't think.

Thank you for that.

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2023, 01:06:27 PM »
Tankerfrank, Your photos should be no wider than 650-700 pixles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com