Author Topic: FOR SALE; SNIDER CONVERSION CABINE  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Lord Eoin MacKenzie

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
FOR SALE; SNIDER CONVERSION CABINE
« on: July 07, 2017, 02:26:57 PM »
A gentleman advertising in the SINGL SHOT EXCHANGE magazine has a Snider Carbine for sale for $550'  I called him this morning and he still has it available.  His name is Bill and lives in Colorado.    Phone number Is 719 266 0280.  This just an FYI for those looking.

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: FOR SALE; SNIDER CONVERSION CABINE
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 05:17:01 PM »
Be careful.- for that price it is probably a "cadet carbine" - made in 1905 by cutting down common infantry rifles to look similar to cavalry carbines.  Value is a lot less than a genuine cavalry carbine and, although they will usually chamber and fire a cartridge, the rifle rear sight (on what was originally a 39" barrel, shortened to about 20") but only a tiny shotgun-type bead for a front sight means that rounds will impact about four or five feet high at 100 yards!  US$550 would be an excessive price for a cadet carbine, in my view.  Better check exactly what this is ... And don't just rely on what the seller says because the appeararnce of the two types is sufficiently similar that they are often confused by those unfamiliar with Sniders.
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Lord Eoin MacKenzie

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 06:41:46 PM »
 I have no other knowledge.  He did mention it had a  Bead front site.   It has been in the SSE for a couple of months.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:09:21 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com