Author Topic: U.S. Military .38 Caliber Colt Revolvers, pre 1909.  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
U.S. Military .38 Caliber Colt Revolvers, pre 1909.
« on: August 12, 2006, 03:41:54 PM »
Somewhere, deep in that gray misty area called my memory I recall an article about an ammo pouch for the .38 Colt Revolver that had a wooden block and with two huge round holes drilled in them for an early version of a speed loader like we see today.  Experience tells me that there is nothing new under the sun and some one will always manage to re-invent the wheel, speedloaders not withstanding.

Anyone out there want to clarify this mystery?

I have a .38 pouch Marked RIM and 1909 that has 12 .38 holes for loose cartridges, but I remember seeing one that was marked even earlier that had the two holes for the "speedloaders" as well as six .38 holes for loose cartridges.
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
Re: U.S. Military .38 Caliber Colt Revolvers, pre 1909.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 04:03:50 PM »
There was such a device for the 1889 Colt.  It is pictured in The History of the Colt Revolver by Haven & Beldon.

Books

PS;  It did not work very well and was dropped from the catalog after a couple years.
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 06:42:23 PM »
Thankyou, sir.  I knew I wasn't going mad!
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:02:18 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com