Author Topic: Powder Creek Cowboys  (Read 5819 times)

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • SASS #: 30699
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Powder Creek Cowboys
« on: October 28, 2004, 05:11:55 PM »

We are SASS affiliated club and proud of it!  We shoot the 2nd Saturday of each month in Lenexa, Kansas  (originally the historic Monticello Township). Powder Creek Cowboys were established in 2002 as a family orientated Cowboy Action Shooting™ Club. Powder Creek Shooting Park, formerly the 7-10 Gun Club, made available a range site ideal for developing a permanent CAS™ range located within the Kansas City metropolitan area. We are affiliated with the National Rifle Association (NRA) and Single Action Shooting Society (SASS). Hodgdon's Powder Creek Cowboy Action Shooting Range places a substantial emphasis on creating the look and feel of the Old West. Recreations of historic Old West buildings, modeled after famous 19th century Kansas’s frontier cattle towns. Full scale representations of the Alamo saloon from Abilene considered the premier Cattle Era drinking and gaming palace.  The Drover's Cottage which played a role in both Abilene and later in Ellsworth's cattle town history. Coffeeville’s Condon Bank, where the Dalton Gang met their fate in 1892. C’mon and relive the exciting days of the Frontier West by strapping on a pair of six-guns at Hodgdon’s Powder Creek range with the Powder Creek Cowboys.

Check us out  www.powdercreekcowboys.org
I never, in my life, took any mean advantage of an enemy, but I never allowed a man to get the drop on me either.
http://www.tamebill.com/

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Powder Creek Cowboys
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 08:52:01 PM »
We certainly have come a long way since the dirt was first turned up.  It is amazing to have seen this dream become a reality.  I know I am biased because this is my home club, but this is one fun club to shoot with.  A great bunch of pards also.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Sheriff A.E. Moses

• Very Active Citizen
    • Millbrook Wranglers
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 09:59:20 PM »
I hear good things about your club and hopefully someday can come on back east and shoot with you boys..........
Sheriff A.E. Moses
First Duly Elected Sheriff
Graham County Kansas
~:~1880 - 1881~:~
Cowboy Action Shooter
~:~1999 - 2011~:~
=-=B.O.L.D. - 14=-=
http://www.millbrook.ruraltel.net

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:23:46 PM »

Offline Chance

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 10:45:39 AM »
I had the pleasure of meeting these guys recently and can vouch for their super facility and hospitality to match. Living in the UK I can tell you just how much I envy this kind of activity.

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 03:57:28 PM »
Excellent group to shoot with!  We need to get that way more often!  Very cool buildings - the detail is amazing. 

Best regards to the KC pards!!

Chantilly and Shoot'n Newton
A six-shooter makes men and women equal.  - Agnes Morley Cleaveland (1818-1889)

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com