Author Topic: T TOWN SHOOT OUT, TOPEKA, KS SEP 22-24 - Lawmen of Kansas  (Read 24162 times)

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
T TOWN SHOOT OUT, TOPEKA, KS SEP 22-24 - Lawmen of Kansas
« on: September 08, 2006, 12:37:29 AM »
What do Billy Brooks, Wild Bill Hickock, Wyatt Earp, Jack Bridges, Chauncey Whitney, Henry Brown, Bat Masterson, George Flatt, Fred Singer, and Bill Tilghman have in common? 

FIND OUT AT  -

T-TOWN SHOOT OUT 2006
featuring the
LAWMEN OF KANSAS ---

SEPTEMBER 22, 23 AND 24! 
Side matches on Friday with Main Match (5 stages each day) on Saturday and Sunday.

REGISTRATION DEADLINE fast approaching -  SEPTEMBER 15 – waste no more time – SEND IN YOUR REGISTRATION NOW!

You will NOT want to miss this one.

Recreate a few notorious gunfights

Participate in a lynch party or two.

Defend honor and reap a little justice!

Ambience of the OLD WEST

Camaraderie of the BEST kind

Don’t Be Left Out In the Cold!  You’ll Wish You’d Been There!!

Registration Form at www.kansascas.com
A six-shooter makes men and women equal.  - Agnes Morley Cleaveland (1818-1889)

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: T TOWN SHOOT OUT, TOPEKA, KS SEP 22-24 - Lawmen of Kansas
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 07:08:13 PM »
Hey Chantilly,

How much ammo will I need for the side matches?
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 12:35:41 AM »
speed pistol = 10
speed rifle = 10
speed 97 = 6
speed sxs = 6
team match = depends on what gun(s) you shoot but if you bring enough for 2 stages like the main match - you should be ok
long range = I don't know since I'm not in charge of that one - whatever the "standard" is
cowboy skeet = 25 shogtun
cowboy trap = 25 shotgun

I'd recommend extra - should be time to plink around some and we might be able to set up some cowboy silhouette targets for some fun -

main match isn't totalled exactly but if you bring 100 rounds pistol; 100 rounds rifle; 50 shotgun you should be good

I'm probably forgetting something but that should be close -

I should like a little fun now and then.  Life is altogether too sober.  - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:09:19 AM »

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 03:42:48 PM »
What about the Wild Bunch Match....That is really drawing me there on Friday.....
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Grizzle Bear

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 07:59:28 AM »
Chantilly, Major Matt;

I need a little help here.  It has probably been 10 years since I have shot a SASS match.  I marked myself down to shoot
Frontier Cartridge, but I need a little info about what exactly that entails.

I presume I need two pistols?  And a shotgun?  Any restrictions I should know about?  I know I can't use my bandoleer
that holds up a holster in a SASS match. 

I just don't want to get out there and find out I am not legal!

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 09:02:13 AM »

Griz , I think you can also add duelist to that frontier cartridge.     jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Grizzle Bear

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 11:05:54 AM »
Shucks, that's the only way to shoot a cowboy pistol anyway!

GB
Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 06:48:17 PM »
Griz, and Trap, I'll see you gents there Friday evening. You too Major.
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 10:34:12 PM »
Wild Bunch -
1911 - 2 clips loaded with 5 each
rifle - 10
97 shotgun- 4

Bring at least that much for the Wild Bunch!  Major Matt...you want to run that one?

Griz - Frontier cartridge sounds right.  Yes, 2 pistols, lever action pistol caliber rifle and a shotgun.  Lots of shooting.  If you need a weapon or two, let me know.  We'd be happy to loan anything you need - or anyone else.  You can use your bandoleer also if you want.  This is not a state championship match.  Although, those wanting a warm up to the state championship match are going to get one!

There really isn't any difference in the shooting rules between NCOWS and SASS except SASS is a 5 second miss and there is no 2 gun category BUT if you want to shoot 2 guns and take the misses on the rest of the targets, no one would stop you.  Targets are standard SASS size - not small and also rather close compared to what you shoot in Garnett.  Yes...we go for speed but accuracy makes a difference as well.  We did try to be a little clever and put a few props out among the targets - which aren't supposed to be shot.  Since you don't miss, there won't be any need to worry about that!!   :)   We do shoot a lot of rounds.  Shotgun slides and gun carts are allowed - I know...not pc....but allowed anyway.  AND we are a friendly bunch.   ;D

We're working to get stages looking good - adding some replica and a few authentic items.  There will be a Blacksmith/corral, Train, Saloon (of course), Mercantile and Jail (another of course).  Stages are all historically based - it's the Kansas Lawmen this year - although the rounds and all guns shot on each stage aren't exactly right ... but actual news stories of events/shoot outs are replicated.  I never said the newspaper accounts were 100% accurate - but they are colorful!

Oh yes, if you will be arriving by noon on Friday, there is a long range shoot.  We can't get targets WAY out there because the range doesn't have the space.  Pistol Calibre is 100 and 150 yards and Big Bore is 150 and 180 yards.  1 spotter round on each target if you want it and then 5 rounds at each target - 10 total.  Something like that.  As you can tell, I'm not a long range shooter, and thankfully, I'm not responsible for it either!

There will be speed matches also (rifle, pistol, double barrel and 97 shotgun) and a team match.  Teams are DRAWN so there's no gamer teams unless it happens by chance.....  Also, Wild Bunch.  Saturday afternoon you can shoot some side matches and there will also be Cowboy Trap and Skeet.  Trap and Skeet are 25 rounds each - shot just like any other trap or skeet shoot EXCEPT done with the cowboy guns.  Trap and Skeet cost $5.00 each if you want to shoot. 

AND we'll probably set out the dueling tree and the dreaded plate rack just for some fun plinking. 

Capital City Cowboys do have a local range rule - 2nd squib is a Match DQ.

Here's the link to the SASS Shooters Handbook if you want to check it out - http://www.sassnet.com/Shooters-Handbook-001A.php

If you have any other questions, let me know.

We're looking forward to you seeing all of you at T Town! 

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »
Wild Bunch -
1911 - 2 clips loaded with 5 each
rifle - 10
97 shotgun- 4

Bring at least that much for the Wild Bunch!  Major Matt...you want to run that one?

Sure.

I have a conference call that I will run from 9:00 -11:00 AM that I can hold while driving up to Topeka.
Major Matt Lewis

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 09:16:16 PM »
Major Lewis talked me into two scenarios for the Wild Bunch - SO....you better double your Wild Bunch ammo!   ;D  (I talked him into running it...I think I got a good deal on that one!)

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 12:17:23 PM »
A HUGE THANK YOU to all of the shooters that made the T Town Shootout such a great success!  There was a lot of laughter and some really good shooting.  You couldn't find a greater bunch of people in one place anywhere else this past weekend.  Congratulations to all and its a joy to shoot with each and every one of you.  Kansas is truly blessed with wonderful people!

Best regard,

Chantilly and Shoot'n Newton
on behalf of the Capital City Cowboys

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 12:18:51 PM »
Posse 1

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 12:20:45 PM »
Posse 2

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 12:23:01 PM »
Posse 3

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 12:27:02 PM »
Posse 4 - some of the people that worked behind the scenes to help pull it off - Crystal Jane and Lilla Bit Wild (scoring and registration), JD Cook (target set up and repair - that's a thankless job!!) and Shoot'n Newton (Match Director)

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 12:35:02 PM »
The Spirit of the Game was awarded to Slow Gun McDuff.  Slow Gun is one of those quiet folks that are always at hand!  He builds prop sets and helps out where ever he's needed.  He always has a kind word to add and never a whine passes his lips.  He does what needs doing.  We're proud to have him shoot with us!    Congratulations to Slow Gun McDuff!

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 12:42:18 PM »
Slow Gun built our train prop in honor of Railroad Cop, a long time leader of the Capital City Cowboys who has passed on and is greatly missed.

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 12:46:08 PM »
and a couple of steers - here's one at the Blacksmith's

Offline Chantilly

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 12:50:16 PM »
and a couple of horses that double for gun racks!  The plans for these critters was in the Cowboy Chronicle not long ago and they work great at keeping those long gun barrels pointed down range.  Here's one of the horses at the corral.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com