Author Topic: Finish Strong  (Read 6997 times)

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Finish Strong
« on: January 31, 2009, 10:11:34 AM »
I used to have a quote that I still use from time to time depending on the mood of the people I'm conversing with.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"
it's by James Dean...

it's about living life to the fullest and constantly moving forward.

as some of you know, I've had some recent speed bumps but thankfully and blessedly things are back on track better than I could have ever imagined.  This coming Monday I get to talk with a Deputy US Marshall about my college life and a career with the USMS.  A career I've dreamed about for over 20 years...

my mom sent me this link via E-mail, and for once I'm glad I didn't delete it.

http://www.maniacworld.com/are-you-going-to-finish-strong.html

you can also look him up for more videos at youtube under his name
Nick Vujicic
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
Re: Finish Strong
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 10:24:16 AM »
Willie, It's not where you start, It's where you finish!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 05:40:42 AM »
Absolutely!

Always keep the goal in mind, for it matters not how long and twisted the path is to get there!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:36:38 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 06:42:19 AM »
Damn the Martinis! Full speed ahead!,  and if ya don't like Martinis, go with BUSHMILLS!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »
Good video, makes ya wanna slap the next whiner ya run across.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 12:07:49 PM »
my thoughts exactly, all of you guys.

especially the sadistic one by Leo... I do that all the time here at NAU.

"Why are you so old?  Late bloomer!?"

"Umm, no I was defending your ass in the US Coast Guard TACLET Special Forces and now I'm going to do it again as a Deputy US Marshall... but what do you care right?  your iPod lost its charge!"

hehehe, verbal slaps are more often than not more fun that physical ones!

Tex, I'll just stick with my Irish Cremes and Pina Coladas!

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 12:34:48 PM »
Willie, I wouldn't let stuff like that bother me. Mommy and Daddy are paying for alot of those folks at school to spend alot of their time partying and not studying.  Some of those 18 or 19 year olds are immature for school.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 07:56:18 AM »
yeah they are, and it's always fun to make them stammer and blanch out a bit! LOL

I only deal with the ones I have to in class that has "discussions" and such.  LOL

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 08:55:55 AM »
It's times like this when I wish they would b ring back the DRAFT!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 11:55:39 AM »
Saw on the news this mornin some schools are gonna go with a bail out type of thing fer the loans.  Now we all get ta pay fer them ta party.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 01:11:01 PM »
It's times like this when I wish they would b ring back the DRAFT!

it would do wonders,   ;)   they keep tryin to college educate everybody,  world needs janitors and such too. 
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »
Used ta have ta work with mechanical engineers.  Their whole world is on paper an time is not important ta them (the ones I know at least).  I'd get tagether with the plumbers an we'd all look at the plans an scratch our heads.  Call the engineer an tell him why his perty little drawing wasn't bound ta work an get ta hear how he knows everthin.  Almost as bad as the architects.

Roland Deschain

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »
it would do wonders,   ;)   they keep tryin to college educate everybody,  world needs janitors and such too. 

Custodial engineers....
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »
When I worked on the Trash truck in the summer, my Dad called me a sanatation engineer.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 04:50:19 PM »
got our fence built for moving in the morning,  least that'll save 30 minutes, supposed to get down to 40 degrees tonight,  have ta take some of the cover off the bed if it's that warm.

birds seem to be comfortable in the their new quarters,  they've dug so many holes, ya gotta watch about trippin,  they sure do enjoy a good dirt bath when they get moved,  them shavin's are soft down about 6 or 8 inches and they'll almost bury theirselfs gettin down in there.

temp made it up to about mid 50's, sure helped out with the mud around.  

Clea's limpin a little on her back leg,  Jackie took a wrap and put it on her,  that cured the limp,  musta pulled one of them muscles going up her leg,  she puts everything she has into it when she's moving.   ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 05:09:34 PM »
I'm sure Clea will finish strong.  Angel on the other hand just tracked mud through the house and is now serving time in the laundry room.  I told her I come durring visiting hours ;D

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 05:37:09 PM »
Leo, I taught Victoria to lay down at the patio door and I wiped the mud off her feet.  She lays there till I tell her that I'm done, then she gets up.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »
If Angel walks a few circles in the mud room it usually cleans her feet.  She musta stepped in a puddle er somethin.  I was gaurd 'o the watch so I got the mop.  Fair is fair.  She's back in now an mom has fergotten all bout it.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 07:39:46 AM »
I always keep some old towels at the patio door when the backyard is muddy. Victoria doesn't like to have her feet cleaned but she knows she can't come inside until the feet get cleaned.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com