Author Topic: Maybe this has been asked before, how did you come up with your alias's  (Read 13692 times)

Offline Lightnin Rick

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Maybe this has been asked before, how did you come up with your alias's
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 07:52:18 PM »
When I was a kid and played cowboys and Indians I went by Kiowa Johnson. But when I grew up and got a Job Installing graphics(decals) on Semi trailers, walls and gas pumps it changed to lightnin.
 I was decalling some gas pumps in the St Louis area about 19 yrs ago and a homeless man that saw how fast I was doing the job, compaired to the other 2 guys, came up to me and said " Hey lightnin can you spare some change?"

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 09:25:58 PM »
Based on a historical character in these parts, who Scouted for the North West Mounted Police during the 1870's and also was one of three Scouts on the roster of the Rocky Mountain Rangers (a mounted provisional militia unit made up mainly of ranchers and cowboys during the 1885 North West Rebellion) two Troops of which were stationed here at Medicine Hat.  My full original CAS moniker is actually an "alias within an alias" - "John M. 'Rattlesnake Jack' Robson"  - which is the full recorded name and nickname of this character.  When registering with SASS (back when they were still "furriner friendly"  ;) ) I came up against their "alias length restriction".   So, on their records, I'm "Rattlesnake Jack Robson" (which barely made it under the wire), 'cause there was already a plain ol'  "Rattlesnake Jack" registered in SASS ....

Details (more than you likely care to know) may be found in my CAS City profile, and on my website (link in signature line and on profile page ....)

Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 07:20:46 AM »
What do you mean? Alias?  ;D

Advertising

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 09:40:16 AM »
I'm a bit like a chameleon in that I can change to fit just about any social situation so I am chameleonic.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 12:19:50 PM »
The Silver Creek is about 50 yards from our place and also runs through my in-laws place. And, I'z slimmer than some.

Slim

PS. Did I ever show ya me brand?  ;D
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline B. Butch Cavendish

• Very Active Citizen
    • Arizona Cowboy shooters Association
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 11:50:46 PM »
 It's my name, and the name of the first radio, and t.v. ranger bad guy. The one that shot the rangers from ambush, and killed john reid brother starting the story. The role ws played by b movie actor glenn strange on t.v. He also played frankenstien and is used as the model for the toy, not Karloff. He also played Sam the Bartender on gunsmoke.  In the movie he was played by christopher lyod of taxi and back to the furture fame. I like the glenn strange b movie bad guy best. And have an autograph phot of him on my den wall.
Butch Cavendish was the first lone Ranger bad guy. Arizona Rangers, Sons of confederate veterans, William Clarke Quantrill Society. Outlaw, lawdog, merchant, mercenary, Preacher. "Too mean to forgive, Too mad to forget."

Derby Younger

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2005, 11:43:52 AM »
Our house sits on what was the Younger family farm in Jackson County Missouri. If you're interested in Civil War history, the Younger name and the County will be familiar.

Also, had an original English derby. So, we have Derby Younger.

Now the story of Cousin Fetid Pyle SASS #34089 is something else entirely.

Offline Grapeshot

• Grapeshot. Cpt US Artillery
  • Top Active Citizen
  • WARTHOG
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2005, 12:28:49 PM »
As a retired Army Officer that served in the Ordnance Corps, and who fixxed everything from BB guns to 8 inch Howitzers, I decided to portray an Artillery Officer and chose the most formidable round at the time to be my alias, which was Grapeshot. 

Out of a 12 pounder Napoleon it would break up massed infantry and cavalry charges with bloody efficiency. 

And I am Efficient if nothing else.

Oh yeah, there's a legend that states that General Zachory Taylor instructed an Artillery Captain by the Name of Bragg to fire "a little more grape" into charging Mexican forces during the Mexican-American War.
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Offline DArchangel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2005, 07:57:42 PM »
stole it from a used car dealer in ft. wayne in.
Not a pimp, not a pistol fighter,not a coca-cola soak,just an old man trying desperatly to get older.

Offline Missouri Marshal

• Top Active Citizen
    • Missouri Marshal's Cowboy Action Shooting Homestead
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2005, 06:44:25 AM »
I'm old.  Don't remember.

Here's a reminder Cuz, R.C.S.

I am originally from Missouri, my family still lives there. I did a 22 year hitch in the Navy and when I retired I was offered a  job with the VA Beach Sheriff's Office, that and my kids all live here so I just stayed. I like it here but I will always be from Missouri, I miss the Mississippi River and the Missouri Ozarks. When I was trying to figure out my alias I figured it had to be some kind of lawman since I was in law enforcement for 17 of my 22 years in the Navy and I am a Deputy Sheriff now. The Missouri part was just my way of maintaining my ties with my home state.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

PWDFR POSSE

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005, 08:03:37 AM »
Well, my alias has always been "Walker" U.S. Marshal (long before the TV show), but the alias was not available thru SASS.  Bein' a lover of the old badlands & the stories I've heard over the years, I decided to change my alias to Badlands Walker.  It had a cool ring to it at the time & lots a folks loved the name, so it stuck!  8)

That's my story & I'm stickin' to it! ;)

Slim Silver

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005, 08:24:00 AM »
I am of Slender build with silver hair.  On the other hand...I ain't exactly rich either bein' of the workin' man class.  Slim Silver just kinda fit either way.  Musta been appropriate because not long after I took the name other folks not associated with CAS started usin' it.

Offline Twnkltoz Katie

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2005, 12:38:23 PM »
I teach ballroom dancing in real life.  I've been "twnkltoz" for 10 years on the internet, ever since IRC!  I came up with a couple other ideas, all of which were taken, and I just kept coming back to twnkltoz.  Katie just seemed like a good name to go with it. :)

Have you you ordered your calendar yet?

Offline Spanish Marshal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2005, 01:58:54 PM »
 Hi:
  I´m Spanish and I live in Spain. I have always wanted to think that in the Old West there were also Spanish people and that maybe some of them, in some place, could be law man. I found Spanish in www.texasranger.org in Texas Ranger Hall of Fame,  "Manuel Trazazas Gonzaullas" .

"Spanish Ranger" I didn´t like me and the word " Marshal " remembered the old western movies with those that so much enjoyed when I was a boy. And my name of " SASS " was born this way

Spanish Marshal
Warthog

"Buena suerte amigo"

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 06:17:39 PM »
Well, I wanted to be Sourdough T, but that was took, so my real last name is Cole, and my family has been calling me Curley most of my life, so I just hooked them up. I actually had one of them Knotts Berry Farm wanted posters made a bunch of years ago, and it seemed to have a nice ring to it....looked pretty good on the wanted poster I made for meself too...so it stuck.
Curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Coop Trawlaine

• Come sit by the fire and I'll tell ya a story.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Author-Member Western Writers of America
    • Walt Lange Word Slinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2005, 04:22:39 PM »
Well when I was first introduced to SASS, the feller that gave me the introduce was Cave Wyatt and he suggested that since I write western fiction that it would be a good Idee that I use one of my characters.  That was the way Coop Trawlaine was born to Cowboy Shooting.   Coop Trawlaine is a real American, His grandmother was a Cherokee Princess and his Grandfather an Irish born American Frontiersman that came across the Cumberland Gap  as part of  Dan'l Boone's mapping party in 1775,  Coop's Ma was Elena Alvarez a dark haired, dark eyed beauty who was the daughter of Don Diego Alavrez of Santa Fe, New Mexico.   Cooper "Coop" Trawlaine a man with the true American Bloodline.
Coop Trawlaine SASS #63617, SCORRS, WartHog, SUDDS #188, IPSAC #47
Aka: Walt Lange
"Trawlaine" ISBN 1-4137-7738-4
"Trawlaine's Land" ISBN -09479379-0-8
Western Writers of America
Society of Southwestern Authors
www.waltlange.com

Offline Toccoa Kate

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2005, 06:54:50 PM »
Decided that I wanted an Indian name. My family's from the mountains of Georgia, Toccoa, Georgia that is!!!  Toccoa Karen didn't sound good so I borrowed my youngest daughter Katie's name and thus Toccoa Kate was born!!  I get called everything from Taco to Tacoma though!!!  In case you're wondering, Toccoa is not too far from Mule Camp!!!
SASS #47669
KC's Corral

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2005, 10:36:11 AM »
I was named MUSTANG GREGG back in maybe 1975 or so by the neighbors. 
We always had a yard & shop fulla various Mustangs, Fairlanes & Torinos. 
I would keep them up late makin' noise workin' on them cars.

Still got the fever, too.
The current stable has 2 in it.
The '83 coupe is Winchester Wade's 5.0 HO project.
My current money pit is a '72 Mach1 with 460 w/CJ gear.
Gotta get it road-worthy soon, too.  We got a SASS cowboy wedding in Tucson in April 2007 to get to.  ;D

Mustang Gregg

"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Marshal harpoluke

• Black Sash Gunfighter Lord of the Dark Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Agapei Attack Sheep
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 09:55:00 PM »
Who wants ta know?

Couldn't get Shotgun Luke, an Ah do play the Celtic Harp, Ah mostly weres da white hat. So there it is.
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Offline Rascal Ralph

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 10:28:44 PM »
My ex-wife and I had a horse farm a few years back, it was called the Rocking Horse Ranch. I made up my charecter for SASS, I own the stage coach stop in town, and breed horses for the stage companys and draft outfits. I also take money under the table to do away with people we don't need in town! Otherwise a real nice guy. RHR.
In case you don't know me, I'm just a friend you hadn't met yet.

Sass # 67604

SBSS # 1822

GOFWG # 283

RATS # ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com