Author Topic: 12 Strong  (Read 1566 times)

Offline S. Quentin Quale, Esq.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
12 Strong
« on: February 08, 2018, 10:39:35 PM »
A bit past the normal history period for this group, but I saw this last week.  It gets my highest rating of GFF.

The book, The Horse Soldiers, was a good read.  The movie is not about horses in a war zone, as some of my friends expected, but more in the nature of a a war movie where horses play a critical role.  It's not politically correct.  From the first scenes to the final credits the Taliban are depicted as blood thirsty thugs with no redeeming social values.  This movie is much more like "Back to Bataan" than "Platoon."

It's not a documentary, either.  It's an action-adventure entertainment.  And a very good one.  If you like lots of explosions and gunfights this one will do nicely.  There are a few more contemplative moments but none of the soldiers weep over the deaths of their enemies.  In that is also quite "old school."

I highly recommend it!

SQQ

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
Re: 12 Strong
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:10:49 AM »
I read Horse Soldiers some time ago and when I saw the trailers for this thought about going. Haven't gotten around to it yet (wanted to see Hostiles first) but after your review I'm going to see it for sure.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline S. Quentin Quale, Esq.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 07:27:05 AM »
"Hostiles" is next on my list!

SQQ

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:50:19 PM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 05:46:04 PM »
You mean the Taliban aren't "blood thirsty thugs with no redeeming social values."? Whodathunkit?

From the first scenes to the final credits the Taliban are depicted as blood thirsty thugs with no redeeming social values.  This movie is much more like "Back to Bataan" than "Platoon."
SQQ
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com