Author Topic: 2010 DOMM (From the Commissary Dept)  (Read 9301 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 2010 DOMM (From the Commissary Dept)
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 02:02:58 PM »
Well Jerry if the kraut and dumplings have pork in them is that OK?   ;D  I am pretty sure we'll do that one.  Anybody got any goose grease, got a kolatch recipe gave to me by and elderly Czech woman several years ago.  She's the one that liked my kraut, pork and dumplings plus the sourdough Czech rye bread and told me I can be an Honorary Czech.   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 05:20:14 PM »
I am up for any new cuisine that you might prepare at the Muster.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 09:09:15 AM »
Greg
You guys fly over once in a while. Don't you have pull enough to get them to land? I'll bet we could get Del to feed your whole crew. ::)

41°40'16.24"N Latitude, 99°19'42.54"W Longitude

The Muster is actually in a nice big 60 Acre  LZ.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:11:45 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »
Pitspitr, That sounds big enough to land about anything.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
Even better, tell them it may be a hot LZ and they can get some live fire practice in. :o

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »
That works for me, RCJ!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 10:50:18 AM »
Greg
You guys fly over once in a while. Don't you have pull enough to get them to land? I'll bet we could get Del to feed your whole crew. ::)

41°40'16.24"N Latitude, 99°19'42.54"W Longitude

The Muster is actually in a nice big 60 Acre  LZ.

Won't need one of them LZ makers they used to drop out of the C-130's in Nam to clear jungle growth either.  A friend who was a Marine over there said they loved to land after one of them was dropped.  He said the LZ was real quiet. :o
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »
OK I'm getting a rough idea of the menu, will do some fine tuning

Right now our plan is to show up sometime Wend afternoon and start getting set up.  Rick and I well make something fairly simple and quick for our supper.  If anyone will be there let me know.  What we do will be a whime as we leave town most likely.

Thursday morning we'll get up and get going good, most likely will not do breakfast for us, just coffee, but if anyone is there and wants breakfast, no big deal.  Something for noon quick and easy, and we'll plan on a later (maybe 7-8) supper that night for those who are going to be there, something we can can on hold for late comers.  Not sure yet but have a couple ideas, perhaps deep dish pizza.

How does sourdough pancakes and sausage or bacon or perhaps ham sound for Friday morning?

Not sure, give me some feedback I've been doing some meatloafs lately, 1/3 sausage and 2/3 ground beef, these show up in cook books of the period and seem to be well loved by the fact I never seem to have much leftovers on them. 

Also might do the fried cabbage and some sort of bread and desert with it.

Seems folks who havent tried is are game for the Czech Pork, Kraut and tater dumplings so how about that for supper and some czech rye bread and kolatch?  Some other sort of side also.

Biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast on Sat, don't think we'd be allowed not to.  Seems to go over real good.

Haven't decided on Sat noon yet, open to sugestions.

The post roast dinners seem to go well so that Sat night and a side of some sort, bread and desert.  I will try to get buffalo this time, I think I have an affordable source, might have to drop it in Jerry's freezer for a day or so if I get it.  If not I'll just run get some local beef.

Sunday morning we'll do the hash:

Sunday noon we'll do the cheese steaks on biscuit and some sort of desert, we'll do even more this time, we ran a bit short, but we ate up about 15 pounds of beef and 5 pounds of cheese in them.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 02:43:08 PM »
I'm ready to go right now!

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 03:30:57 PM »
Sounds real good to me, Glen.  Especially the meat loaf, the bisquits n' gravy, the rye bread, the deep-dish pizza, the breakfast hash, the meat loaf, the d-d pizza, the rye bread, the d-d pizza, the ... oh wait ... have I said too much?

;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 04:34:25 PM »
Oh I forgot the picture of the pizza:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TLD liked it. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »
It puts UNO's deep dish to shame!

Offline Sam Perfye

• Top Active Citizen
  • Al Weaver
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 07:12:16 PM »
Del, how much buffalo would you need? If you let me know how much and what cut you'd like, I'll bring it with me. My nieghbor raises them. He had a young bull escape during the floods last year and owes me a favor for "catching" him. It seems an 1880's rolling block is more effiecient than GPS and four-wheelers.   Al.
Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 07:19:57 PM »
Del, how much buffalo would you need? If you let me know how much and what cut you'd like, I'll bring it with me. My nieghbor raises them. He had a young bull escape during the floods last year and owes me a favor for "catching" him. It seems an 1880's rolling block is more effiecient than GPS and four-wheelers.   Al.

We'll need to get a head count when the time gets nearer. 

I might add since folks have asked me before, if anyone hunts and has something they would like cooked to share with folks let me know.  I've cooked about everything at one time or another, we could even turn Sat supper into a game feed.  Most often I get asked because the wife won't cook it and the guy ain't a good cook.

As I've said, I'm always open to ideas.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 02:21:23 AM »
That sounds interesting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com