Author Topic: Got a so-so diagnosis so I jumped.  (Read 3030 times)

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
Got a so-so diagnosis so I jumped.
« on: December 09, 2018, 12:02:39 PM »
With a recent so-so medical diagnosis [not too bad but any cancer isn’t good] I decided to jump and buy something that I’ve wanted for a very long time. As it’s just me now I broke into savings and bought a Webley Fosbery .455 Target. I had the thrill of shooting one maybe 20 years ago and it was a hoot, right up there with the M3 Thompson, 8mm Maxim, MP5 and 45-70 Gattling that I’ve fired. I could have bought that one for 8 grand then, way too much for a working man supporting a family but today as a single retired dude-why not? They only made 5000 or so of the revolvers so it shouldn’t devalue and I do love a Webley. And I didn’t give too much more than the price of one that I shot so many years ago. Waiting for it to arrive, will do a range report soon.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Got a so-so diagnosis so I jumped.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
Too bad you had to wait until a medical problem prompted you. Prayers up for your speedy and complete recovery!
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Galen

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 05:41:30 PM »
A short time back wasn't there a Pakistani company going to remake the webley Fosbery?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:24:19 PM »

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 06:00:28 PM »
2013 is the most current date of the items that pop up if you google ‘Pakistani Webley Fosbery’, the company’s website shows nothing that I can find. I have seen old photos of their prototype but thats all. Maybe they went under? Not enough interest? If there was money to be made in bringing back an out of print firearm the Italians surely would....and don’t call me Shirley.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 01:26:38 PM »
I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.  Prayers up. 
I'm afraid, after spending some time in Pakistan, that I would not purchase anything made in there except for a rug.  Specially something intended to go boom while holding it in my hand.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline smoke

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 06:04:05 AM »
Cancer SUCKS!!!!  Fight that sucker hard!

Post some pics when you get the Webley..something in uniform and shooting if you can.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
GAF#379

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 09:00:57 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Been cranking out .455 loads on my Lyman turret press today. Going to warm up Friday so I’ll do some bullet casting. I have a rcbs .45-265-RN-HB mold which is correct for the Webley .455. Also got an email today and my toy has shipped.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 04:18:46 PM »
Guys, I picked up my Fosbery this afternoon and it looks good. Not too nice to shoot but in pretty good condition externally. Cycled nice. Has a solid sound to it. Last week I loaded a bunch of 4.0 gr of bullseye under a 200gr .454 pointy nose lead bullet. Unfortunately it’s got an issue. Firing my loaded rds cycle the revolver just fine but it wants to double or triple. My first thought was that there’s junk in the gun so I found disassembly instructions and took it down enough to clean things. Didn’t see any hard grease just some thick oil. Just put it back together and tried it, still doubling. In fact it’s full auto, hold down the trigger and away you go. Disconnector not operating.
Couldn’t wait so I tore it down a little farther to get the hammer and sear out. The full cock was hardly a notch so I slightly deepened it, cleaned more grease out of the insides and ever so slightly bent the flat spring on the sear which is also the disconnector. Put it back together and IT WORKS. Even though it’s after dark I loaded 2 rds in the cylinder and stepped out on the deck and it fired correctly, no double and the hammer locked back after each rd was fired. Trigger resetting ok. Will take pix tomorrow.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 08:37:29 AM »
I wish you'd had somebody video the full auto  :o Kinda like when I had the auto eject trapdoor.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 07:41:46 PM »
I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I'm now in my eighth year of remission. It's a disease, not a death sentence.

Attitude has a lot to do with dealing with it and recovering. And Lord knows, I surely have "attitude" to burn!

When I had an MRI done, I tried to pray and could not. Odd for a man who has learned to pray at the drop of a hat because of all the things I've survived. But as I was going into the machine, this came to me .....

"I touched the hem of his robe and was healed according to my faith." I don't know if you're a believer, but things like that only enhance my belief.

When I got the results of the MRI, the tech said - "Good news. It hasn't metastasized." I said - "I know." She just smiled.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 09:08:23 PM »
Thanks PJ for your very kind words of encouragement and congratulations on your continuing remission. I’ve got to wait till another psa test in April to see if the med I’ve recently started is working or not. We’ll see what happens then, but I’m still going to spend my sons inheritance.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline smoke

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 09:51:23 PM »
I’m still going to spend my sons inheritance.

Do it!  I wish my dad had spent more on himself.  He waited too late to do some stuff then the Alzheimer's hit and he did not get to enjoy it like he should have.  I bet you son would agree with me.
GAF#379

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com