Author Topic: Department of the Missouri Staff Appointments  (Read 4935 times)

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Department of the Missouri Staff Appointments
« on: October 07, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »
                                                                                                                                           7, October 1876 (+132)

Ladies and Gentlemen of the GAF,

I have the honor report that following interviews I conducted this weekend at the Grand Muster I am honored to announce the following appointments:

(Bvt.) Lt. Col. Dusty Tagalon to the post of Chief of Staff for the Department of the Missouri vice (Bvt.)Lt. Colonel Big Hext Finnegan (retired).

(Bvt.) Captain River City John as Adjutant vice (Bvt.) Captain Ol' Gabe (retired).

(Bvt.) Sgt. Major Texas Sarge vice (Bvt.) Sgt. Major Richard "Bear" Sobek (retired).

(Bvt.)Lt. Colonel Guns Garrett Division Commander for the Division of Kansas vice (Bvt.)Lt. Colonel Trap (retired).

(Bvt.)Lt. Colonel Shalako Al Division Commander for the Division of Iowa vice Lt. Col. Dusty Tagalon (Promoted).

(Bvt.)Lt. Colonel Scooter Division Commander for the Division of Texas.

(Bvt.)Lt. Colonel Kit Peak Kid Division Commander for the Division of South Dakota.

I have the utmost confidence that each will exhibit a high level of honor and zeal for their post that will be a credit to the Grand Army of the Frontier.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
Re: Department of the Missouri Staff Appointments
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 01:55:49 PM »
I was honored to have been asked, and humbly accept the brevet promotion to Navy Lieutenant. (Army rank of Captain.)

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 02:33:09 AM »
My Congrats. My fellow Texans, Texas Sarge and Scooter on their promotions and for making the 1800 mile trip up to Nebraska from Texas. It's a long way up there, mine was only 1500 miles.  Col., I was sorta hopin' that I would make PFC this time,I've found a home in the ARMY!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:27:47 AM »

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 03:22:40 AM »
My Congrats. My fellow Texans, Texas Sarge and Scooter on their promotions and for making the 1800 mile trip up to Nebraska from Texas. It's a long way up there, mine was only 1500 miles.  Col., I was sorta hopin' that I would make PFC this time,I've found a home in the ARMY!

Good man!

Congratulations to all the appointees and to all promotees.

Sincerely,

Bvt. Lt.Col. Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey"
Cmdr., Central Dist., Dept. of the Atlantic
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 03:49:26 AM »
Jeff, I wish you could of been there. Sleeping in the Barracks brought back a lot of memories. I need a better mattress next year. I was really counting on that promotion to E3, I've got hungry mouths to feed. I found some money outside a Bank in Lincoln, Neb. on Mon. Now I'm a wanted man. I hid out in Kansas and the Nations of Oklahoma while the Heat cools down. I been thinkin' about branchin' out and robbin' trains. I got this Horseless Carraiage that Richard Boone had in "The Shootist". I figgered after the Duke shot he wouldn't need it anymore. I figger this Horseless Carriage might them trains better than a horse.  If this Army career don't work out, I still got Bank/Train Robbery to fall back on.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline TEXAS SARGE

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 10:27:40 PM »
Col. Pitspitr

Thank you for the appointment of (Bvt) Sgt. Major for the Department of the Missouri.  I will do my best to preform my duties for the Division of Texas, the Department of the Missouri, and the Grand Army of the Frontier.

I want to also thank you for the extremely fine Grand Muster that you and your fine staff put on at Ft. Hartsuff.  I would also like to express my sincer appreciation to all of the participants at the Grand Muster who made Scooter and I feel so right at home.  It was a pleasure to meet all the people behind the posts that I have been reading for the last couple of years.  I also want to congratulate all the different winners in the various catagories, with a special well done to the newest Iron Trooper Rattlesnake Jack Robinson.

When I learn how to place photos in the post I will share mine with all, as I have enjoyed looking at all of the photos that have been posted so far.

I am looking forward and planning on attending the 2009 Grand Muster at Ft. Hartsuff.

(Bvt) Sgt. Major Texas Sarge
Sgt. Major Department of the Missouri

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 11:18:16 PM »
When you type a reply, below the box you type in and to the left is a link called "additional Options..." click on it and then in the "Attach:" box attach your photo. You may need to make a copy of the picture in a smaller format before you try to attach it.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 07:34:43 AM »
Congrats y'all.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Terry Lane

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »
My hearty congratulations to all the new staff appointees. Take care
Terry Lane, Nebraska Territory,
Nebraska's Official Hon. Col. Wm. F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody
Grand Army of the Frontier Department of the Missouri Chief of Scouts

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 03:51:12 PM »
Col Pitspitr,

Your Department's web page has been updated please review it and let me know of any errors.

Sent you a PM.

Col Bull
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

Offline scooter

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 08:19:52 PM »
Thank you for the honor of selecting ol' Scooter to represent the Great Division of Texas, and also my congra'ts. to all those who participated in the Grand Muster.  We are all winners! 

Sincerely, (Bvt.) Lt. Colonel Scooter

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »
I was honored to have been asked, and humbly accept the brevet promotion to Navy Lieutenant. (Army rank of Captain.)

RCJ

And now, in reading the updated Mission Statements on the GAF website, I learn that it's actually Brevet Lieutenant Commander.

I suppose I'm going to have to pony up for a new uniform blouse.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 11:15:37 AM »
And now, in reading the updated Mission Statements on the GAF website, I learn that it's actually Brevet Lieutenant Commander.

I suppose I'm going to have to pony up for a new uniform blouse.

Actually, it should be "Acting Lieutentant Commander" should you prefer to continue using a naval rank.  This reminds me that I need to address the option of using a naval alternative rank in the recently posted policies. 

However, you also have the option of using the army rank should you choose to do so.   I seem to recall that in the ending days of the Late Great Unpleasantness some CSN officers were granted a CSA rank when their saillors were formed into a naval brigade ashore.

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 04:25:25 PM »
Acting Lieutenant Commander, thank you for the reminder. ;)

Since you've mentioned it, there were Confederate Naval Officers who used Federal regulation-, Confederate regulation-, or combinations plus a few of their own ideas, as to rank decoration.  hmmmm!

NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 10:19:59 PM »
I have the honor to announce the appointment of Ned Neiderlander to (Bvt.) Capt. in command of the local GAF District, Calamus Vigilance Committee. Ned has ran the CVC since it's inception several years ago. This appointment just brings his rank more in keeping with his duties.

Congratulations Capt. Neiderlander! And Thanks for all you help with the Musters over the years!

Offline Dalton Masterson

• Freeda Bee Mee's driver and ammo loader
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Wheeeeee!
    • Dalton Masterson's site
  • SASS #: 51139
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 08:34:18 AM »
Congratulations Ned!!
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 08:52:57 PM »
Thank you, Colonel!
       I left the Marine Corps sixteen years ago as a First Lieutenant.  It's a classic case of not rising above my level of incompetence!
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com