Author Topic: EMF Pietta Dance. C'mon EMF  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
EMF Pietta Dance. C'mon EMF
« on: May 23, 2023, 08:44:43 AM »
Last week I ordered a Pietta Dance from EMF. I saw they charge 45 bucks for shipping so I thought to myself

"okay, they must send two day shipping or whatever since it's a handgun, although its not considered firearm"

Nope. They charge 45 dollars shipping and they ship it the slowest UPS known to mankind.

Also took 4 days to process and 5 to actually ship. One of these days I guess I'll get the Dance revolver.

I am sure it will be nice and I wouldn't be all that worried about the slow shipping had I not paid 45.00 for shipping.

Rant over  ;D
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: EMF Pietta Dance. C'mon EMF
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 10:14:23 AM »
Shipping might be the greatest but at least you have one coming. Looking forward to photos after you have it. And it's a good excuse to make a new holster! ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 10:25:00 AM »
 :) Well Dagity Nabbitz  ;)

I really like the folks at EMF.  Been doing business with them for decades.  Literally decades.  But, and However:

I have always felt that EMF just absolutely STUCK IT TO US for shipping.  Not so bad shipping Cap Guns, but really really expensive for Suppository Shooters.

So I can really feel Rubes' pain.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:28:14 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 10:28:52 AM »

:) Memory of a Gnat  ;)

Will Wingam was posting as I was typing however I did forget to mention I DO have a really swell pair of Pietta Dance & Bros. Cap Gunz.  They are the "Old Silver" version with engraving.  Most of the 8 inch barrels fell off mine though  ;D

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 11:05:23 AM »
Shipping might be the greatest but at least you have one coming. Looking forward to photos after you have it. And it's a good excuse to make a new holster! ;D

Def. All pluses.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 11:06:54 AM »
:) Well Dagity Nabbitz  ;)

I really like the folks at EMF.  Been doing business with them for decades.  Literally decades.  But, and However:

I have always felt that EMF just absolutely STUCK IT TO US for shipping.  Not so bad shipping Cap Guns, but really really expensive for Suppository Shooters.

So I can really feel Rubes' pain.

I for sure feel that 45.00 for a single revolver shipping that is not at least two day shipping is excessive. I would hate to see what they charge for a cartridge revolver.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2023, 11:07:46 AM »
:) Memory of a Gnat  ;)

Will Wingam was posting as I was typing however I did forget to mention I DO have a really swell pair of Pietta Dance & Bros. Cap Gunz.  They are the "Old Silver" version with engraving.  Most of the 8 inch barrels fell off mine though  ;D

I have seen some of those. Pretty nice.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 09:00:27 PM »
Came in today and it sure is a beauty.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 11:50:17 PM »
Congrats, Rube. Looks good. It'll be nice to hear how you like it. How does that large Pietta grip fit your hand? I've talked to a few who really like the way they feel.

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 07:57:44 AM »
Congrats, Rube. Looks good. It'll be nice to hear how you like it. How does that large Pietta grip fit your hand? I've talked to a few who really like the way they feel.

Well, out of the box I did not really notice a big difference in the grip. It does feel good in the hand but I didn't realize how different the grip is from the normal 1851 Colt Navy grip is.

I went and pulled one of my Pietta 51 Navies from the safe to compare it and yeah, its a good bit different. I don't have an 1860 but my feeling is that it's not quite an Army grip but def. bigger than a Navy grip.

My older Pietta 51 Navy is much more narrow in the middle of the grip.

Anyone have a Converted Dance? I have a few ideas bouncing around in my head for this one and not sure yet what I will do with this one.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2023, 08:01:06 AM »
Here is another side by side view of the grips.

One thing that I do like is the Pietta Dance don't have the gloss finish on the grip. More of a dull oiled finish that looks better to me.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2023, 08:56:38 AM »
That new Pietta grip is on the 1851's, too. They seem to have changed that in 2015, I think.

As to a converted Dance, I'd say go for it. Here's an original one that was converted.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2023, 09:16:22 AM »

:) Hey Guys  ;)

Converting the Pietta Dance to suppositories is going to be somewhat problematic.  The Cylinder is shorter than a Colt Pattern gun resulting in the Barrel Breach being much longer.  And a "Stepped" cylinder from an 1860 won't fit the Water Table.

The Cylinder would actually need to be machined to be a "long Cylinder" type conversion and it would need to be for 44 Colt cartridge with heel base bullets.  Can be done but is fairly involved (expensive).  The Dance cylinder is not large enough for 45 Colt cartridges.

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2023, 09:50:55 AM »
:) Hey Guys  ;)

Converting the Pietta Dance to suppositories is going to be somewhat problematic.  The Cylinder is shorter than a Colt Pattern gun resulting in the Barrel Breach being much longer.  And a "Stepped" cylinder from an 1860 won't fit the Water Table.

The Cylinder would actually need to be machined to be a "long Cylinder" type conversion and it would need to be for 44 Colt cartridge with heel base bullets.  Can be done but is fairly involved (expensive).  The Dance cylinder is not large enough for 45 Colt cartridges.

Thanks for the info.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2023, 09:51:34 AM »
That new Pietta grip is on the 1851's, too. They seem to have changed that in 2015, I think.

As to a converted Dance, I'd say go for it. Here's an original one that was converted.

Do you have anymore info on this Dance? Is that one of the few with a recoil shield?

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2023, 09:54:38 AM »
Do you have anymore info on this Dance? Is that one of the few with a recoil shield?
That one doesn't have recoil shields. They just cut a loading groove in the side of the frame. I don't have any information other than a couple photos I found online. The serial number was one of the special character pistols with 1 diamond.

Kirst conversions will fit but the cylinder end of the barrel needs to be shortened a little bit to accommodate them. Here's what the Kirst site has to say. Evidently you have to take 120 thousandths off it. I don't see why one couldn't take 120 thousandths off the Kirst cylinder and leave your dance barrel alone. You'd need a lathe for that or be prepared to sand on it for a full 24 hours.

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2023, 10:24:36 AM »
That one doesn't have recoil shields. They just cut a loading groove in the side of the frame. I don't have any information other than a couple photos I found online. The serial number was one of the special character pistols with 1 diamond.

Kirst conversions will fit but the cylinder end of the barrel needs to be shortened a little bit to accommodate them. Here's what the Kirst site has to say. Evidently you have to take 120 thousandths off it. I don't see why one couldn't take 120 thousandths off the Kirst cylinder and leave your dance barrel alone. You'd need a lathe for that or be prepared to sand on it for a full 24 hours.

I just guess that if you take it off the barrel then you would have to already have to shorten to 1.58" 45 Colt rounds. If you take it off the cylinder you'd have to possibly shorten them even more.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2023, 01:33:40 PM »
Pietta length cylinder should be fine for "correct" length cartridges. I'd shave the fc end to fit . Maybe even consider  45acp?

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2023, 03:58:22 PM »
Pietta length cylinder should be fine for "correct" length cartridges. I'd shave the fc end to fit . Maybe even consider  45acp?

Mike

Thanks Mike.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2023, 04:26:20 PM »

Mike
The Kirst 45 ACP conversions will also accept C45S and 45 Auto Rim cartridges. You might be able to resize .455 Webley cases to fit in them, too. If I were to convert one, that's the route I'd take and shorten the cylinder rather than the barrel. Any good gunsmith should be able to shorten a cylinder if you didn't want to tackle it yourself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com