Author Topic: October Beer,Brats Oom PaPa music ,Coffee an Tea (and some good conversation  (Read 181573 times)

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mornin all, coffee and tea are ready. Grandkids rode yesterday, big grins on their faces, today is for chores and getting things done around the house.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Thanks for the coffee ;)

44 here, sun's just up. This is my weekend on duty. ::)

Mowed yesterday, actually more like sucked the leaves up. Trees in the yard are basically done, but I get the blow ins from the hill behind us. I also did a patch job on my neighbor's dryer vent. Cut a couple pieces out of the scrap skirting material I have here and gorilla glued them to it. Now when they run their dryer it won't blow straight out into the yard.

Have a heavy date with the washer later ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Mornin'.

Weather's 'bout the same as yestitty - again. It's good for the big shoot goin' on it the radar trap otherwise known as Waverly.

Fun buncha folks there. Got ta visit with most everbody. Had the honor of inductin' Wildcat Will inta the exclusive brotherhood of life members of The Pungo Posse durin' the shooters' meetin'. The boy's busted his hind parts for the club for a long, long time, he earned it.

See a take down cart of mine from time ta time. There was three of 'em there. Ain't seen this'n inna coon's age. Only built one of that design, didn't like it. Wheels been replaced. Ain't gotta clue who it belongs to. Guess it's 'bout 12 years old now.

Nice setup, M2. Got two the Lyman Spartans at the moment. First press I ever bought.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
Thanks Arcey... That Spartan was given to me, new old stock in a box. My first piece on the road to reloading. *
It was missing the hinge pin & the primer cup , and I quickly learned Lyman no-longer support that old design.
Aside from a Downloadable instruction sheet & some handles in stock parts are unavailable.

I made my own hinge pin from drill rod... the press now serves as my universal de-primer.

* I'd like record the second piece was also a gift , a set of 38/357 dyes from Johnny McCrea  ;D :)

Speakin of carts though, I made several and paid them forward ( main quest was to get them lighter & more portable )
I see one or two of them from time to time...

Here is what I use these days,  suits my fine  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
M2, That is a neat reloading area that you have built. I slept in this morning, and thanks for the Cawffee.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Arcey i believe that one is Sod Busters

Morning ya'll another "w" for Auburn last evening neither the gamecocks or the tigers played much defence. I would like to thank my  client for being out of coffee and not paying for the sport package.

Need to find a chunk of brisket my own self.

Coffee is waiting
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Brisket Tacos and Brisket enchiladas are tasty entrees to fix at home.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Be very careful.
There are folks here that will tell you exactly how Beef Brisket can and can't be made ready or otherwise prepared for everyday consumption. Time period or numbers consuming the product, seems to make no difference.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Blair slow cooked served on plain wrapping paper. Or a paper plate if'n you insist. Brisket is like chili everyone has the beat recipe.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
My first try at brisket went quite well.  Close to 7 hours must qualify as slow cooked and came out very tasty and tender.  May tweak the recipe for the second half that’s in the freezer, but not by much.  As I said t’aint no leftovers. 

By the way ours was served on regular chinaware.  Still tasted good! ;D
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Roo & Ross,

You both got my point. Thank you.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Low heat and slow cooking is the secret to great brisket.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
One serves brisket on banana peels, of course. And with fish sticks for surf 'n turf.

Sorry Lyman ceased production of that press, M2. Good tool for straight sided stuff without a hunk of metal to reach around to put a piece of brass in the holder.

Don't think so, Roo. Saw someone I don't know messin' with it.

Hit the Kroger place. Had a 'Crocktober' sale thing goin'. Good prices. Fell in love with a black oval 4 quart. Left it there. The l'il red one woulda throwed a hissy fit. Did get three real nice, new 'n bigger soup mugs tho. Red, black 'n white. Fat lady agreed ta toss some old ones out. Now I want some fresh soup ta put in 'em.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
You'll be making soup again soon Arcey, just as soon as the upcoming warm spell ends.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
Hope Slim is cleansing the feilds of Chinese Chixs this morning.
Got 3 yesterday and 3 today. Was windy today: 20 - 30 MPH.

Kinda sad. Railroad tracks go thru the land we hunt on. Russian thistles are growing between the ties. Tracks are owned by BNSF.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Slim i think BNSF own most the track in the country these days. Norfolk Southern has a few miles. Too bad the track is growing over.

Arcey i tried to look at the guns in it. SB won one of those fancy ones. A couple years ago. So he may have past it on.

Turned out to be a warm day here talking one more warm one tomorrow.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
The rails are date stamped 1907.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Still whining again I see Blair, When somebody is talking about one thing and you add something different that you only think is the same and whine, folks get tired of it.  You forget I have forgot more about the history of food in the 19th Century than you'll ever know and there are plenty of folks around here have sampled my food history.

And for those who weren't in  another thread else where, Blair seems to think canned corned beef is the same thing as corned beef brisket, but then most of us know that's like calling a good Smithfield ham the same thing as SPAM.    ::)

And I doubt they got your point, you were pretty vague about it.  So maybe you should explain it in detail. ;)

So you want to whip out yer camp kitchen and prep a 19th century meal all from scratch using historic ingredients or when making minor substitutes explain the differences and why you had to, or you just going to continue to make snarky comments no one but me understands?

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
Indeed Arcey, Spartans have seen a bit of a supply & demand upward swing on places like Ebay.
With Cast Iron & steel parts , so much better tool than the other brands thin pot aluminum case units I see, being sold.   
Also, Herter's products when they are offered, are fetching some collector money.
I opt'ed for the Lyman T-mag , base on my experience with the Spartan.

Made a crock pot full 'O" Chili, and had it over dogs and raw onion for lunch, and with fresh bread & churn butter for supper....
Han't none left  :(  .... no beans neither , TLD  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Hope so, cuz.............

Mornin', you people.

L'il warmer'n yestitty. Hope the insulation holds the comfort come tamarrah 'n Wednesday.

Nice lookun' specimen, M2. Gottah couple well used but functionin' like new Spartans off Gun Broker for a project I was werkin' on. Then I found a start ta finish set up w/ one that'd never been assembled. Fella runnin' the shop down yer way said a fella bought it in the seventies 'n never werked up the nerve ta try'n load. The ole boy passed 'n a relative brought the lot inta the shop ta liquidate. Hadda Lyman 505 measure in the lot 'n a Lyman D-7 scale. Neither looked like they'd ever been out the boxes. They been used now 'n hopefully they'll serve someone else well when I finish with 'em.

Bought a well used Pacific C press from someone what decided he really didn't wanna be in the game. Mentioned it ta one of our regular shooters who told me he'd bought the press new 'n sold it to the dude. Sorry he had. Pulled it off the bench 'n tossed it in the truck. Reunited the press 'n the original owner come next shoot.

Slim, maybe they'll pull the tracks up like Norfolk did 'n use the ROW for a groovy cool rail bus that connects a suburban 7-11 to downtown. Pulled the scheme off with onna never used Norfolk 'n Southern ROW. Hemoragin' money but the tax payers got plenty o' that.

Gotta figger dinner.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com