Author Topic: Pietta's Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
Pietta's Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858
« on: June 08, 2023, 01:13:04 PM »
I am not sure how many people here are aware of the Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858 that Pietta has going around right now. I thought I would share a little bit about it here for those who have not heard of it.

So, The Brotherhood of the Traveling 1858 is an engraved Pietta New Model Army "1858" that Pietta is nice enough to ship around the country and let people try it out.

The person gets to keep the revolver for a whole month. It comes in a big wooden box and comes with a journal. In the journal the people from Pietta wrote a few opening pages explaining the project and what the journal could be used for. Its pretty neat. While you have the gun they ask you to photograph it, share it with people you know, shoot it and just enjoy it for a month. Then it makes it's way onto the next person.

I follow lots of gun guys and have seen this make its way to several of the people that I follow online. In the journal the previous people have written words of encouragement, some scriptures, some just explain what they did with the gun or how it shot. Some detailed how they carried it to church or how they carried it while doing ranch duties.

One guy videoed himself splitting cards with it and he put one of the cards in the box.

I had hoped that one day it would make its way to me and that day has come. Last week I was contacted by Pietta and asked if I knew about the project and if I would want to be a part of it.

Of course I would I told Pietta. I was familiar with the project and had been hoping it would make its way to me.

Yesterday I got the package in the mail and I have to say. The gun is way more beautiful in person than the photos and videos I have seen. They just do not do it justice.

It's so cool for a company to do such a project and let us be a part of this guns written/photographed/videoed history.

We often say, "if this gun could talk", well, one day someone will look back and read of the journal and possibly see the videos or social media posts about it and this gun will actually be able to tell its story.

That is pretty neat in my opinion.

Here are a few photos that I made yesterday. I hope to get it out and do some shooting this weekend.

"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: Pietta's Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 03:47:32 PM »
That is kinda cool....

I recall, its been maybe 20 years or so....
A school kid named Tanner did a full-size photo cutout of himself, namely "FLAT TANNER"

It was mailed, and ultimately travels the world. Forwarded on and on, it saw the Great Wall, Rome, Paris,
I saw photos of the Alps with Flat Tanner in the foreground.
 It made Shellback on at least two cruises, one on the John C. Stennis CVN-74, and so many photos of the journeys.

Sorry, I got carried way... The Pietta project is very cool.... :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 05:57:27 PM »
What a neat idea! 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:18:52 AM »

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 07:36:02 PM »
That is kinda cool....

I recall, its been maybe 20 years or so....
A school kid named Tanner did a full-size photo cutout of himself, namely "FLAT TANNER"

It was mailed, and ultimately travels the world. Forwarded on and on, it saw the Great Wall, Rome, Paris,
I saw photos of the Alps with Flat Tanner in the foreground.
 It made Shellback on at least two cruises, one on the John C. Stennis CVN-74, and so many photos of the journeys.

Sorry, I got carried way... The Pietta project is very cool.... :)

Well that sounds pretty neat as well.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 07:36:21 PM »
What a neat idea!

Indeed. I thought so as well.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 09:07:50 AM »

:) COWABUNGA Howdy Doody  ;)

I am what the Brits call "Gob Smack'd."  Totally unaware Pietta was making Remingtons.  Remingtons of any sort.  I are amazed.  :o

:) Hey Rube!!  ;)  While I am not a fan of Remington pattern guns, that is one really fine looking Remington.  I certainly hope you have a lot of fun with it while in your care!!  8)

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 09:24:12 AM »
:) COWABUNGA Howdy Doody  ;)

I am what the Brits call "Gob Smack'd."  Totally unaware Pietta was making Remingtons.  Remingtons of any sort.  I are amazed.  :o

:) Hey Rube!!  ;)  While I am not a fan of Remington pattern guns, that is one really fine looking Remington.  I certainly hope you have a lot of fun with it while in your care!!  8)

They sure do make Remingtons. I have a pair of Sheriff Model Remingtons that I have owned for a number of yeas now. This one is definitely a step up in quaility or at least flashyness.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 03:01:10 PM »
Shooting video.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 05:41:11 PM »
Definitely enjoyed the video, sorry for your battles with the caps. And the holster is absolutely gorgeous.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 08:53:22 PM »
Definitely enjoyed the video, sorry for your battles with the caps. And the holster is absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks man. Yeah, the cap issue has been a pain. I am almost certain that the batch of CCI caps I last bought are not made to specs.

I did find some Remington number 11's in my kit that worked if I pinched them a little. Don't have any Remington 10s at the moment, unfortunately.

Thanks for watching.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 12:06:14 AM »
Good video. The cap issue is a drag but you did fine in spite of that. Glad to see you split the card at the end. That was a good shot to close with.

Nice West Texas holster. Will that go along with the pistol when you forward it?

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 08:21:37 AM »
That is a cool program and a good video Rube.

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2023, 08:23:11 AM »
Good video. The cap issue is a drag but you did fine in spite of that. Glad to see you split the card at the end. That was a good shot to close with.

Nice West Texas holster. Will that go along with the pistol when you forward it?

Thank you Will. Yes, I am planning on sending the holster along with the pistol if I can get it all to fit in the box.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2023, 08:23:36 AM »
That is a cool program and a good video Rube.

Thank you Tornado.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2023, 08:26:29 AM »
Thank you Will. Yes, I am planning on sending the holster along with the pistol if I can get it all to fit in the box.
That's a really good idea. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2023, 09:01:59 AM »

I was wondering that same thing.  also
Do you send it back to EMF, or do you forward it to the next recipient prepaid?
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2023, 09:41:00 AM »
That's a really good idea. :D

Thanks. I thought it would be nice to send a little part of myself along with the revolver.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2023, 09:42:25 AM »
I was wondering that same thing.  also
Do you send it back to EMF, or do you forward it to the next recipient prepaid?

I am not entirely sure. EMF/Pietta is sending a paid shipping label but I am not sure if its back to them or to the next person.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com