Author Topic: CAS Vendors  (Read 4988 times)

Offline Curtain Puller

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CAS Vendors
« on: October 14, 2004, 02:54:41 PM »
         As close as I can tell Big Hext  does not want the post on the forum and considers me a nag. So I am pulling the post.

Sorry for bother everyone.
                                                                        C.P.

Offline Brutha Dave

• Active citizen
    • Brutha Dave's Guns
  • Liked:
Re: CAS Vendors
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 04:04:54 PM »
Howdy Curtain Puller,

Brutha Dave here. I'm a CAS vendor and I've never pulled any heads off.
Tell me whats bothering you and maybe we can help you out. It does good to vent in this politically correct world. Talk to us.
                                                         Brodave.........

Offline Curtain Puller

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 04:38:45 PM »
Post Pulled                                       

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:50:58 AM »

Offline Brutha Dave

• Active citizen
    • Brutha Dave's Guns
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 05:15:03 PM »
C.P.

First of all, I dont peddle something I don't have on hand. That goes on a lot. If you want something I must order you will know that up front. I'm afraid you have been bitten by the bad fate snake in your recent dealings and for that I,m sorry. Please don't get a bad taste in your mouth for CAS vendors. I think most of the cowboys I've met will feel the same way, there are always be the ten percent that make us all look bad. Talk about looking bad by association, gosh I ride a Harley, I really know about that. If there is anything I can help you with in the future don't hesitate to get in touch.

Hang in there Pard,   Brodave.........

Offline Manatee

• Active citizen
    • Banana River Outfitters
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 05:17:39 PM »
OK.  I'm a vendor too.  Send me an email or describe the paperweights.  $4 Grand is a bunch of dough for any cowboy gun(s).

Offline Curtain Puller

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 05:56:58 PM »
Post Pulled

Offline Doc Shapiro

• Top Active Citizen
    • Custom Handmade Pistol Grips
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 06:06:45 PM »
I have a couple of guesses as to which gunsmith you are referring to.  He is not someone that I would recommend either.

I sure would be interested in specifics!  Hopefully a moderator will chime in here to let us know if it's allowed or not.

Doc

Offline Sidewinder Sills

• Brush Popper
  • Active citizen
  • Work hard, play harder.....
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 06:20:13 PM »
I've gotta agree with CP.

I can understand SASS not wanting every vendor flamed on the Wire every time there is a hiccup in production, but as consumers, we have a right to know what we are going to get or expect for our hard earned money. I do believe that if there was more of a sense of accountability by some vendors that customer service attitudes would change. Key word, attitude. SH*T happens and as an adult I can deal with that. Not having calls returned, or promised dates unmet time after time should be public knowledge.

I see an ad in the CC and I'm only seeing what the vendor wants me to. I go to the Wire for real world experience to assist me in making an informed firearms purchase. I ask for pros and cons. We need a board dedicated to customer service issues. The moderators could police it the way they do now, but being in the proper forum, would not have to move them to the moderators camp.

Most of the kids, and I mean kids, that work at the local gun shops around here are plinkers and know nothing about CAS type firearms. I asked to see a '66 lever action gun last month and the guy coudln't even pick it out of the rack. I had to tell him, "reach for the gold one". Are these the guys I'm supposed to rely on for specifics on handling, reliability, and known problems?  Nope, not me.

Sidewinder~~~~~

Offline Curtain Puller

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 06:22:46 PM »
Post Pulled

Offline Manatee

• Active citizen
    • Banana River Outfitters
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 07:27:41 PM »
I don't know about here, but the Frontier Spot allows such discussions.  Just keep it civil and factual.  The vendor can respond if they choose.

Big Hext Finnigan

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 07:44:46 PM »
Howdy,

I guess I still don't understand what is going on here..
It's fine to talk about disappointment or approval of any deal made with a CAS dealer. 
It's not fine to lie, or cuss, or nag everybody about personal issues.

So.. is that enough?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com