Author Topic: I got new guns!  (Read 5754 times)

Offline doc

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I got new guns!
« on: September 28, 2004, 08:31:47 PM »
I got a new Norinco 97 today and it seems to be really cool! I noticed all the fastest shooter seem to use 97s. I personnaly like the SxS but it is a little slower. The top guys really fire those 97s fast! I also got a bond derringer in 357/38. A neat well built little gun. The trigger is very stiff around 17-18 lbs {a guess} but it appears indestructable and recoil is not bad even with mag loads. doc
You're damn right I'll risk it. They're breakin the law.
Vet, Police Officer and Deputy Wildlife Conservation Officer

Offline Jax Orebetter

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Jax's Poker Table
  • Liked:
Re: I got new guns!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 10:12:04 PM »
Congrats on the new gun!!!! 

There are a bunch of fast shooters useing those '97s. They are fun to watch, but if you want to see something truely impressive, watch a great SxS shooter. There aren't as many of them, because it seems to take a lot more practice to get great with a SxS.
Time to fold,
Jax Orebetter
~WARTHOG~

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 07:42:50 AM »
I had one of them there 97's.  It was a sweet shooter.  However the SxS has more style points for me so I traded the gun off.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:56:57 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 09:19:01 AM »
Get a 10 ga SxS. Loads of style points.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 11:30:24 AM »
I have to a agree, a hammered shotgun is the one with the most style points.... ;D
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 02:12:54 PM »
Hi Doc,

First of all, congratulations!

Is that Norinco the trench model 97 with the bayonet lug?  Been thinking about getting of of those but been worried about how much hassel it would be to take that off and what it would look like after.

Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Big Hext Finnigan

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 07:48:53 PM »
Congratulations on your new gun.. somehow, the world seems a better place when you get to hold and work the action, look at the finish and imagine the possibilities. :D

Offline doc

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 05:25:04 PM »
The Norinco isn't  a trench gun so it has no guard. I do love the looks of my SxS and am tring to get good at it.
You're damn right I'll risk it. They're breakin the law.
Vet, Police Officer and Deputy Wildlife Conservation Officer

Offline Paper Chaser

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 07:31:59 PM »
 :) Nothing wrong with the SxS; just takes practice.  Good luck with your new '97; I'll have to try one someday.
SASS #54926
Mississippi Peacemakers,NatchezSixgunners
BOLD #H13
GAF #310; SBSS #1415; SCORRS

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2004, 08:07:56 PM »
I shot my '97 for a couple years. Then I went to a SxS and found I was lots faster with that. The '97 is more fun, but the speed for me is certainly with the SxS.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2004, 09:09:09 PM »
Well, at this weeks shoot ( CA State Championships ) I saw the Norinco shot about as fast as seemingly possible. The shooter would pull 4 from the belt and single feed the shells and his times were amazing. I know his family has a few 97 originals, but they have the copies really rolling. The shooter of course has to have reflexes like a cat, practiced and have a lot of experience. I have watched this kid ( Badlands Bud ) from when he first started and he has a natural feel for the game and honed in with lots of practice, this 15 year old kid can shoot a stage with the best of them. I don't know how he fared in the match yet, since Lead Dispencer, Taggart and some other fast guns were there too, but it sure is something to watch my little pard Bud do his thing with the Norinco.  ;D I had to leave the match early and missed getting the results or seeing the top gun shootoffs.  >:(
Ya need at least a 4th generation one though. Don't get rid of a side by side either. I know some pards that can really shoot them. Choctaw for one, how about China Camp? You can shoot about anything if you practice. 97s and SxSs all work for our pupose.
Bonds are great, unfortunaltely you can't buy one in California. I sure wish you could. I like the interchangeability of them too. You will love it.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com