Author Topic: ASM Schofield trigger/hammer mod  (Read 971 times)

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
ASM Schofield trigger/hammer mod
« on: October 26, 2020, 12:02:20 PM »
Is there anyone doing action work on the Schofield to eliminate the annoying no-touchy-trigger lock up? Or is this just the way it is with these and I need to stop whinning and not touch the dang trigger when I cock it? Is there any way to make it less sensitive? I found a 15 year old thread here where a shooter named Bill English did a mod to these revolvers but that was all I’ve come across. Shot it in my club’s rained out  half-a-shoot 2 months ago and was clean with it. Last Saturday we shot DA’s but at next month’s a cowboy match.  I’m planning on using it again along with my uberti .45 Thunderer and ‘73/76 centennial. The extra slices of holly have thickened the grips enough that the fit my long fingers better.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: ASM Schofield trigger/hammer mod
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 01:18:30 PM »

Well . . . . actually there were two guys whom could would eliminate that pesky problem.  Bill English of "The Smith Shop" now well retired and "The Ottaway Smith" also now well retired.  I don't know of anyone else presently.  It's been a "problem" infinitum with the Schofield. 

At this point in time, you just gotta live wid it.  DON'T   TOUCH   THE   TRIGGER  ;D

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 03:28:24 PM »
 :'( Not what I wanted to hear but 2020 is a bad year all around. Thanks, I think. I am liking it though and might have to find a short bbl one....next year. They are kinda Webleyish.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:14:01 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com