Special Interests - Groups & Societies > USFA CSS

usfa vintages?

(1/1)

Doc Toombs:

Are the usfa singles actions built today better or inferior to the ones built 5 years ago?
Thanks Doc

Virginia Gentleman:
One thing I don't like is the current models don't come standard with case hardened hammers and they don't offer an intermediate version between the Rodeo and the standard SAA which used to be available as an all polished blue model with a hammer with the sides polished in the white and the top blue.  I have noticed older versions holding their value, but quality over all is still the best of anyone making SAAs.

Capt. John Fitzgerald:
Doc,
From what I have seen, the newer guns are better than the ones made five years ago, and there is nothing really wrong with the five year old guns.  Quality of the USFA guns seems to be constantly improving.  Latest guns are now being made on CNC milling machines to exact tolerances. 

Advertising:

Virginia Gentleman:
Sometimes I wonder if the quality is almost too good to compare to the manufacturing methods/standards of the 19th Century.  I think the guns made 5-8 years ago are as good as any 1st generation Colt made, but the newer ones are superior to that.  Fit and finish is on a precision 21st Century level.

Doc Toombs:

Thanks Pards! Think I'll go for a new one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version