Author Topic: Have you still got your first gun ?  (Read 35130 times)

Offline Wilhoit Wrangler

• Citizen
  • SASS - BOLD Law Dawg
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Have you still got your first gun ?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 08:19:38 AM »
I fall into two catagories.  My dad passed in 2000 and I have all of his - including the pre 64's !!!  The first gun I purchased was at a garage sale, about 1972. I was about 10 years old.  I bought a H&R 20 gauge single shot for $10.  I still have it.

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »
The first gun I ever owned was a surplus Carcano Cabine, yep just like the one used to shoot Kennedy. My Father had to go with me to buy it as IO was in Grade School. I'd picked up coke bottles to save the money to buy it. I think it cost $16.
Years lkater a cousin wanted to buy the same gun Oswald used so I sold it to him. He never paid me.
I do have the murder gun from the first Homocide I ever worked, 1978, and the first pistol I used in a shooting, 1980.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
First gun was a Winchester 190 semi auto .22 rifle puchased from Montgomery Wards.  Still have it along with the box and paperwork.  Haven't had it out of the gun safe in a looooooong time.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 08:13:22 PM »

Offline Eight Finger

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2009, 05:26:12 PM »
Yeup!!!! Mowed grass for 6 months (at 50 cents a yard) and saved up  $64.75 which I figured was good for a single shot 12 ga.  Older friend (that introduced me to "real" hunting, as opposed to sparrows and squirrels) talked the salesman at the local sporting goods store into selling me a used but pristine Remington 870 WingMaster and a box of duck ammo for what I had.  Many a dove, quail, duck, and goose have fallen to that fine old shotgun.

The Shotgun is the finest I've ever owned and I've had a few.  That was 1964 and I've always had a special prayer for my friend.  I don't shoot it anymore although I could if I wanted to.  Figured I'd pass it on to my son one day and I've accumulated several other 870's that I use for various hunting tasks.

Offline PABLO DEL NORTE

• Very Active Citizen
  • SHOULDA BEEN A COWBOY
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »
 :) MY FIRST WAS A WINCHESTER .30-30. IT WAS IN MY VEHICLE WHEN IT WAS STOLEN. OF COURSE I HAD TO REPLACE IT. ;D
NOW I HAVE TWO .30-30's, ONE OF THE SPECIAL EDITIONS ON LAYAWAY, TWO .44's, A .38 SPL/.357. & A MARLIN 39A .22.
NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS, YOU CAN'T BEAT A GOOD LEVER ACTION 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com