Author Topic: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.  (Read 241741 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Re: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2014, 10:10:02 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Should trim hooves today.

'Tis 25 and sunny. High of 30.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2014, 10:13:01 AM »
We don't have any Eagles to watch around here. They have some at Lake Buchanan, near Marble Falls, in the Texas Hill Country. You take a tour around the lake and observe the Eagles nesting.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2014, 10:59:16 AM »
Got a pair on my mail route, I've seen them pretty up close before, like sitting on a branch within 30-40 feet, but never had a camera handy, too busy delivering that pesky mail.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 04:02:55 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2014, 11:03:08 AM »
Got to travel a hour or so to see them here.

Rained thru the night here- pretty substanial  amount. Clearing off now and in the 60's

Should be dry at the Alabama vs Miss game in the Georgia Dome.

RollTide!
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2014, 11:56:52 AM »
May have mention this before,  :-\

There is one I see off and on, he ranges all over Lake Tohopekaliga & Alligator lake , attached is not my photo.

I had him once on stump not 5 feet off the ground, in a field, with a clear line of sight, before I could get my smart phone
to camera mode he took wing....  :(  wished I had been ready,  course it was happenstance and I was on horse back....
I still think what great shot that could have been ...
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2014, 11:57:41 AM »
Moose cooked me Breakfast this morning, Sausage and over easy eggs, with wheat toast. We finished off the pot of Cawffee.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »
A fine good morning to y'all, I's be pleased to have a cup of joe.  'T is a pleasant morning here in the sunny Southwestern Desert, we can actually see blue skies for the first time in three or four days.  Got scattered clouds and breeze to some wind; s'posed to be clearing for a few days.  We had a strange - for our area - weather event the past couple of days; we had fog, real fog.  T'was not very thick by most standards, but it did have ground level visibility restricted to a few hundred feet in places, and the pictures from the high mounted cameras on the tall buildings around town were pretty interesting.  There is a camera on the top pf The Stratosphere Tower at something like 900 feet, and it was just above the top of the fog layer; had some shots from that that could make you say "huh?".

Had a strange experience yesterday; had an Electrician out to give us an estimate on installing a circuit for an electric range.  A Gent in his fifties came out, did a survey and said he'd get back to us.  That is a confusing thing for someone like me; I must have done the same thing for homeowners, how many times in the last fifty years, I can't imagine.  Maybe I am finally learning to accept my limitations, but it is somewhat distressing - a Master Electrician has to call another Electrician to do something that he used to do on a daily basis without even batting an eyelash.  Even today, I could do it if it wasn't for the ladders, and crawling in the attic.  Being busted sucks.  Enuf moanin' and whinin'; sorry.

I think I am going to go see the Tonsorial expert today; haven't had a haircut and beard trim in about ten months, and we're going to SoCal for Granddaughter Kayva's "show" just before Christmas, and have been asked to "semi" dress up for the affair; getting rid of the "shaggy's" is part of the deal.  That'll take a nice hunk out of the middle of the day.

Gonna get on with it.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2014, 12:03:39 PM »
Hairy, Good Luck with the haircut and beard trim.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2014, 12:17:38 PM »
We got eagles 'round here. Seen 'em fly over the house. See 'em on the way to and from work on occasion.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2014, 01:40:29 PM »
Afternoon, worked on installing some heaters for the water troughs this morning. Took the grandkids shopping for a present for their Mother, now I am just hanging around waiting to see what the weather decides to do.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2014, 01:47:31 PM »
Afternoon y'all.

Yesterday we took a bus trip to San Fran.  I survived.  I think.  Still too tired to think properly.  ::)

Probably be hanging Christmas lights later.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2014, 07:56:46 PM »
It's decided ta rain, cuz.

Nice lookin' bird, M2. Bunch of 'em in the Great Lakes area. Think that's 2nd behind Alaska. We're 3rd or 4th depending on who divides things up.

Caught HK fishin'. First time I've seen it live. Missed the grab tho.

Series is on the FB page.

Gotta 'nother head of collards from Alice. Done up the fish for din-din. Salmon for her 'n flounder for me. Gettin' ta be beddy-bye time.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2014, 05:41:54 AM »
A day that will live in infamy.

Mornin'.

Guessin' 'bout fifty later on. Gots us a half hurricane blowin'.

Waitin' on shift change then I'll stuff, or try'n stuff, the collards in the pot.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2014, 07:32:06 AM »
I see someone was busy yesterday. Another batch of good pictures.
  Arcey seems i read there is some mid western state along the Mississippi,  that has a very large population of Eagles. Because of the fine poultry dishes avaiable along that migratory route. There is another large pop along the columbia river and it's tributaries. Following the salmon and trout routes. Many of these may have come from Alaska i suppose. Many in Montana both golden and bald.  There is a area in No Virginia that they could be seen quiet often.

Yes, Pearl Harbour day- least we forget

Off till 2200 tonight. Not sure what i will get into today but coffee is on the list first.

Ya'll have a safe day
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2014, 07:48:19 AM »
The Cawffee is great this morning. The girls are sleeping in this morning. I am enjoying my second cup.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 16 and overcast. High of 35.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2014, 09:32:58 AM »
Ya got to love google, you can find anything and just in time for Christmas too.

Reindeer Stew with Thyme Dumplings

Ingredients (serves 4)

600g reindeer meat (preferably shoulder), cut into cubes
150g bacon, sliced
1 carrot, chopped
2 sticks of celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
400ml game stock (or use beef stock)
½ bottle decent red wine
200g button mushrooms, sliced
3 juniper berries, lightly crushed
1 bay leaf
2tbsp plain flour

For the dumplings:
200g self-raising flour
105g butter
2tbsp thyme, chopped
a little water

Method

Fry the bacon in a little olive oil in a suitable casserole pan
Add the carrots, onion, celery, and garlic and continue to cook gently until softened
Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside
Dust the reindeer meat with seasoned flour, add a bit more oil to the pan and turn up the heat
Brown the reindeer meat; you may need to do this in two batches
Add the cooked vegetables back into the pan, along with the wine, stock, mushrooms, bay leaf and juniper berries and bring to the simmer

Meanwhile, to make the thyme dumplings, place the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until you get a fine breadcrumb-like consistency. Now add a touch of water gradually, until you get a firm, but not too wet dough.
Form the dough into golf ball-sized balls and float them on the top of the stew

Cover and cook on a very low heat for 1½ – 2 hours

Serve with lots of buttered green beans
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2014, 09:42:58 AM »
Ummm. Mebbe reindeer smothered in collards.......

This latest mess of collards.

'Stead of jumpin' up 'n down on 'em ta get 'em in the big black'n, decided ta quit, cook what's in there 'n do the rest tomorrow. No hurry on 'em.

This is a decent visual, Roo.

Suspect the injured female in the article was down from the border area. She's a big bird I'd like a look at. They get bigger the further north ya go 'n tend ta migrate away from subzero temps. Reckon with the way they're comin' back they're gonna be anywhere there's fish 'fore long. Ten years ago ya'd never seen 'em in an urban area like this with folks runnin' 'round unner 'em swattin' golf balls.

NE Florida ole man come in for shift change at 0649.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2014, 10:59:01 AM »
Mornin' Y'all.

Church in a while, followed by work upon a Spanish oral presentation.

We got about a dozen eagles in Trinity, and another half dozen or so in Shasta.  Not many, considering that each county is bigger than New Jersey...

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2014, 11:01:59 AM »
You got some nice shots Arcey, and some nice looking collards!

Blowing its bootocks of today, keeping the horses in.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com