Regional Topics > Texas

May be moving to Austin

(1/2) > >>

Wild Horse Hans:
Pards I might be moving to Austin soon. Just wondering if any local pards could recommend places to look for a home to buy with enough land for our 3 horses. Say up to 40 miles to the North of the city or so. Thanks much for any info. Hope to see you fine Texas folks real soon!!!

Shotgun Franklin:
Austin is the most liberal part of Texas. No matter where you buy be sure to check deed restrictions and if all possible avoid being in an area with a Home Owners Association. You might look out toward Buda or north of Buda.

Texas Lawdog:
KEEP AUSTIN WIERD!

Advertising:

Pancho Peacemaker:
Austin is a nice town with lots of good recreation and good food to eat.

The university there (UT) is well known for having a very politically liberal view, and Austin has come to share that reputation.  Fortunately, the majority of Austin, outside the university are good ol' conservative Texans.

Austin is a 'hot spot' for tech job growth, so most suburban land is selling at a premium.  North of Austin (Round Rock area) is some high-dollar residential and comercial real estate.  "Everybody" wants to live in that area.  If you need to move there, you will pay a pretty penny for land.  If you get up further up north to Georgetown, you will get out of the Austin "urban sprawl" situation.

East and West of Austin will probably be your best bet.  The West side of Austin is in the Hill Country, which is one of the prettiest parts of the state.   A few towns to look at:  Buda (as noted above), Dripping Springs, and Marble Falls (very pretty scenery, but a longer drive).

Shotgun Franklin:
You know, I've been to Austin probably a dozen times as an adult and been in some kind of traffic accident nearly every
 time. It's like I have a target on me. Twice I managed to escape and one of those times I was pulling a horse trailer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version