Author Topic: What single action would you carry for concealed carry?  (Read 15910 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What single action would you carry for concealed carry?
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 12:44:41 PM »
Forty Rod, might I ask why you switched to the 1911? Was it due to more ammo or just wanted to change?      Smoke..

SAA is a bit clumsy for a fat guy.  It was okay when I was thinner.  The 1911 is easier to conceal and the speed of reloading might be a concern to some.

Besides I was looking for a reason to buy another gun.  ;)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 08:16:06 PM »
SAA is a bit clumsy for a fat guy.  It was okay when I was thinner.  The 1911 is easier to conceal and the speed of reloading might be a concern to some.

Besides I was looking for a reason to buy another gun.  ;)

HA HA HA. I believe that buying a gun is reason enough. It's just getting the amounts of money together that I often lack not a reason to buy.  ;D
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline Smoke Jensen

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 08:50:37 PM »
FortyRod, Thanks for your reply. That is an issue I am dealing with but have managed to reduce some of my "overflow". So now I am in better shape and can now strap on a strong side, with out having any part of me getting in the way when I draw it. RickB that is also some great info. I am glad that when you had to defend yourself you or anyone else you care about was not hurt. I hope I will never have to be the same situations, but I am glad to know I now have the ability to defend myself and family.   
Don't let your Butt overload your mouth!...Unknown...,   Courage is being scared to death and still saddling up!...John Wayne...

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:56:44 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com