Author Topic: Auto-Ordanance .45 ?  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Sam Perfye

• Top Active Citizen
  • Al Weaver
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Auto-Ordanance .45 ?
« on: December 23, 2009, 06:17:52 PM »
Need some advice. A guy I work with wants to trade an Auto-Ordanance 1911 for some work I've done for him. My bill would normally be about $375 for the work done. The A-O appears to be 95% +. No holster wear or cycling marks. I'm not familiar with this weapon, anyone know if this is a good deal or not? Thanks, Al.
Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Auto-Ordanance .45 ?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 06:43:07 PM »
Need some advice. A guy I work with wants to trade an Auto-Ordanance 1911 for some work I've done for him. My bill would normally be about $375 for the work done. The A-O appears to be 95% +. No holster wear or cycling marks. I'm not familiar with this weapon, anyone know if this is a good deal or not? Thanks, Al.

If its in working condition, YES.

Offline Marshall John Joseph

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 02:46:39 PM »
Pard:

I had been looking for a reasonably priced mil spec .45 for Wild Bunch and have done some online research in that vein.  I decided on an RIA.  The Auto-Ordinance .45 prior to the Kahr arms acquisition have reportedly been hit and miss, mostly miss.  Since Kahr Arms bought Auto-Ordinance, quality has greatly improved to the point of "desirable demand" for them - they are hard to find and are holding value.

Now, if you plan to use the AO as a platform to customize, it is probably worth the $375 - but you can get a nice RIA for $400.  The Kahr AO is over $500 but as mentioned, hard to find.  Try this site for some more opinions http://forums.1911forum.com/

Hope this helps.  If its a done deal, hope yours is a hit.

MJJ

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:29:27 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com