Author Topic: Put my name down - 1873 trapper 16” carbine in 44WCF  (Read 705 times)

Offline Little Dalton

• Top Active Citizen
  • -ad regem-
    • Axe & Anvil
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 76
Put my name down - 1873 trapper 16” carbine in 44WCF
« on: January 25, 2023, 02:38:48 PM »
I called Cimarron this morning and got on the list for an 1873 trapper 16” carbine in 44WCF for the wife and kids to use. Maybe I’ll find one somewhere sooner (still scraping funds together) but I wanted to get in line in case I didn’t. They said they had 19 ‘73 trappers in 44wcf alone on order with Uberti, and I’d be the sixth person to already speak for one. Holy moly. Six to nine months approximate wait. Made sure to specify blued receiver, I like that better on carbines.
Jordan Goodwin, Blacksmith

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1213
Re: Put my name down
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 03:21:14 PM »
If you know any mounted shooters, you could ask them to keep an eye out.  For mounted shooters who shoot in the rifle category, that 16" 44wcf trapper is the most popular model.  16" is obvious, quicker out of the scabbard and quick to swing.  44wcf is because they use 4-in-1 (or 5-in-1 ?  I forget) blanks in rifles (rifles won't feed their star-crimped 45 Colt pistol blanks), and those blanks work better in 44 rifles than in 45's.  If you do happen to find one that was used for mounted, be sure to inspect it closely.  I don't want to disparage ALL mounted shooters, but some that I know are, let's say, more horse people than gun people, and aren't real good about cleaning their guns.  :)

Offline Little Dalton

• Top Active Citizen
  • -ad regem-
    • Axe & Anvil
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 76
Re: Put my name down
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 06:03:19 PM »
If you know any mounted shooters, you could ask them to keep an eye out.  For mounted shooters who shoot in the rifle category, that 16" 44wcf trapper is the most popular model.  16" is obvious, quicker out of the scabbard and quick to swing.  44wcf is because they use 4-in-1 (or 5-in-1 ?  I forget) blanks in rifles (rifles won't feed their star-crimped 45 Colt pistol blanks), and those blanks work better in 44 rifles than in 45's.  If you do happen to find one that was used for mounted, be sure to inspect it closely.  I don't want to disparage ALL mounted shooters, but some that I know are, let's say, more horse people than gun people, and aren't real good about cleaning their guns.  :)

That makes total sense! Thanks for the heads up, Abilene!
Jordan Goodwin, Blacksmith

Advertising

Re: Put my name down - 1873 trapper 16” carbine in 44WCF
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:49:45 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com