Author Topic: Original Miles City Saddle  (Read 3710 times)

Offline James Hunt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Original Miles City Saddle
« on: January 09, 2006, 05:37:29 PM »
I have an Al Furstnow Miles City saddle for sale on the classifieds.

http://www.cascity.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=40&sort=2&cat=7&page=1

A little past our time, it has a full seat yet the stirrupt leathers are outside of the fenders and it is high backed, I would guess 1900 - 1820. You can view it there. I'd like to stick firm to the price for general CAS city viewers, but if any of my NCOWS pards are interested I would be negotiable for them. Quite frankly I'm not interested in it although it is a great item of western history of the period. I have a friend who just had to have it after seeing it on ebay so I "funded" it via AMEX. Then he could not come up with the cash, and apparently has no hope for same in the future. I actually have 650 into it - that was his bid, but got it listed for 550. I'd like to get out of it what I can. It has a 13 inch seat, so if you want to ride it you better have a 12.5 inch butt. It really needs to have some rebuilding done to use safely. My friend set it on his mule and rode it, but I'm not sure how well it would fit the fat modern horse. I have not set it on any of our horses (not that my horses are fat you understand).  It does have a saddle scabbard associated with it. I need to keep them both together. Mainly it would look kinda cool in the den on a rack with an old 94 carbine in it. Contact me if interested and I'll try and describe it fairly, I'd rather lose a little money and see it go to someone that would enjoy it.

Signed James - I'm done fronting $$$$$$ for my pals - Hunt
NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com