Author Topic: Welcome to the Texas Regional Board!  (Read 13635 times)

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Welcome to the Texas Regional Board!
« on: July 19, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »
We have a new regional board dedicated to western shooting in Texas. 

This board can be used to promote any and all CAS/WAS events and clubs.  Any SASS, NCOWS, W3G etc... events can be listed here.

New shooters or visiting out-of-staters looking for clubs or posse's can also look for help here.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Patrick Henry Brown

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Welcome to the Texas Regional Board!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 03:28:13 PM »
Way to go, Pancho!!  ;D ;D

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:14:16 PM »
Right on, Pancho! ;D
A work in progress.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:48:27 AM »

Offline Ruidoso

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 03:31:45 PM »
Great Idea Pancho!!!

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 04:01:29 PM »
Now this is excellent!
RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Capt. Montgomery Little

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 09:19:06 PM »
Great idea, Pancho.  Anything down around Carrizzo Springs? Also, where did you get that hat you are wearing in your profile picture?

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »
Great idea, Pancho.  Anything down around Carrizzo Springs? Also, where did you get that hat you are wearing in your profile picture?

I used to hunt in the Dimmet County area when I was a kid.  Lots of fond memories of that country side.

The closest CAS outfits to you are in San Antonio.  Corpus has a club as well.  Here's a link to a map:

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,33659.0.html

The hat in that picture is the "Bandito" sold by River Junction Traders.   I did a few custom alterations to it as well.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
    • Kevin Flach - Digital Communicator
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 04:18:53 PM »
Thanks for getting this set up Pancho!

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 08:45:26 AM »
Sounds good to me!  Go Texas!   Wooooo... Hooooooooo!   8)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 10:41:44 AM »
Pancho,

Once again, thanks for the maps et al .... even tho' my birthplace is San Antonio, the last time I was there for any amount of time, they held boxing matches in front of Joskes during San Jacinto Week, the only restaurant with a pation on the river was The Original Mexincan Restaurant (and one could look beyond the patio and see refridgerators that had been thrown over the bridge), the taco queens still sold tamales at $1/dozen, and that beautiful mission with the Rose Window was two hours out in the country.

So, without your maps I am sure I would be totally lost just getting out of San Antonio....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »
Pancho,

Once again, thanks for the maps et al .... even tho' my birthplace is San Antonio, the last time I was there for any amount of time, they held boxing matches in front of Joskes during San Jacinto Week, the only restaurant with a pation on the river was The Original Mexincan Restaurant (and one could look beyond the patio and see refridgerators that had been thrown over the bridge), the taco queens still sold tamales at $1/dozen, and that beautiful mission with the Rose Window was two hours out in the country.

So, without your maps I am sure I would be totally lost just getting out of San Antonio....

The word "Joskes"  brings back some memories.   Remember the big Christmas display with Santa on the roof?  That was the highlight of most kids' Christmas in the SA area.  All that died down in the late 70's or early 80's.  Another chain bought out Joskes, but they closed up shop quick.  Right now the building is vacant, but supposedly a big developer is going to gut the interior and turn it into another 'tourist destination'.  

You are much older than I.  I don't remember any organized boxing matches.  I do remember seeing some street fights downtown, but they were a little too rough to be called "boxing" ;D.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 09:52:41 AM »
Pancho,

The last time I lived in San Antoio was 1959 .... and I remember boxing rings set up at intersections (the roads were blocked), and the crowds looked like a scene from Mardi Gras ...

But one og the reasons I am going down there is about the little town of  Dilley ... and before Dilley existed there was a tiny town called Covey Chapel, where my Great Grandfaterh was one of the first deacons ... the church is gone, but the graveyard has much of my great kin in it ...( great grandfather and great uncles) ... in fact, if you see an Ellis there, I am related....

http://www.historicdistrict.com/Genealogy/Frio/coveys.asp

We are having our own reenactment here, and I am a docen in the Californio tent ... so gotta run and get ready ... here is the website:

http://www.sacramentogoldrushdays.com/sacramento-history/california-history.php#
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
    • Kevin Flach - Digital Communicator
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 11:28:56 AM »
It's too bad you aren't coming through here (DFW Metroplex). I'd love to shoot with you at one of our matches and then sit around and tell lies over lunch. <grin>

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 12:47:48 AM »
KFLACH,

As usual, I ended up trying to pack two weeks in a one week vacation ... DFW might work another time though ... of course if you ever find yourself passing through Sackatomatoes, well mi casa es su casa ....*S*

NCOWS #3403

Offline lethal larry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 08:55:46 AM »
Good idea Pancho. Thanks.
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

Offline Russ McCrae

• Hat Creek Cattle Co., Front Porch Division
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 09:44:46 PM »

The Texas Riveria Pistoleros are actually even closer to you now. A member has set aside some of his property to make a cow town for they're shoots out near George West. I'm seeing big things out of them in the future ;D
"What's Good For Me Ain't Necessarily Good For the Weak Minded"

"I'm an admirer of good sense wherever I find it."

SASS #93813
STORM #335

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 05:44:02 PM »
Anything down around Carrizzo Springs?

The South Texas Pistolaros shoot the first Saturday of each month at 'A Place To Shoot' on the south side of San Antonio. The range has a web site with a map. Get there about 8;00 am and we'll get you ready pretty quick.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com