Author Topic: Re: How many make there own stuff  (Read 4438 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: How many make there own stuff
« on: August 17, 2005, 06:39:57 PM »
I use to make a lot of my workin Tack for the horses. When I muzzle loaded I made my Trappins also. I had to move 2 years ago and the place I am in  is to small to set up shop. I would love building holster and some of the things I use. Like Arcey, I 've got stuff from Cabelas and a shoulder holster I bought from a saddle maker. It all works for me. I have/am waiting  for new holster now. Playing with leather has a calming effect on my feeble brain. Like shooting and ridin horses.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Tommy tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Keep your pants and your powder dry.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:39:17 PM »
I make it because I can't afford certain items.  Plus it gives me a chance to be creative and I love seeing what I can do.
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:42:34 PM »
I make my own leather goods because it's fun. I worked in a saddle shop for a while and got really hooked on making stuff. I'm particular and can get exactly what I want this way, too. LOL, if it isn't right, I know who to get after. Loads of interesting stuff out there. I get to try different ideas that would cost a bunch if I had to pay someone else to do it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Advertising

Re: Re: How many make there own stuff
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:32:55 PM »

Offline Buckwheat

• Citizen
    • Little River Raiders Single Action Shooting Club
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 07:22:47 AM »
 ;D ;D  i do the trouble is most of my club pards like my work so I dont get the chance to make stuff for myself anymore.
Here is an example I made for one of our ladies.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Buckwheat SASS #28908L
Secretary
Little River Raiders
Single Action Shooting Club

Offline laffalotlouie

• Citizen
  • Golden Heart Shootist Society
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 06:56:35 PM »
I got into CAS after my father passed away.  More precisely because he passed away.  He had been doing it for a few years and I had always wanted to.  Just couldn't afford the guns much less all the other stuff needed.  When he passed I inherited a full set of guns along with some leather stuff he had made, namely a belt pouch and knife/sheath.  I wanted to have something to match that pouch and sheath so I decided to learn how and made my first holsters, belt, shotgun belt and such.  I've made all my own leather since then including some for some other shooters.  I also make hair barettes as a way to practice my technique.  Wife loves them and it keeps her from cutting off her long curly hair (which I love).

Anyway, it's a great additional past time for this sport.  Sometimes I almost enjoy it more than the shooting, especially when the weather's pretty foul outside.

Later,

Laff-a-lot Louie

Here's some of my stuff.

What gun is my favorite?  The one in my hand when the shootin' starts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com