Author Topic: Smoky Saturday  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Smoky Saturday
« on: July 07, 2015, 07:23:26 PM »
Last month at the Darby Rough Regulators second Saturday match I shot Cody/Dixon single shot (percussion) category with my Hahn Machine Works modified Pedersoli Confederate Sharps 54 caliber carbine replica. What fun even though there is no SASS category for that my club said “go for it”. Since I was the only shooter I placed first in class. I used a pair of 1873 single action Uberti made with a mixture of real gun powder and heathen smokes somewhat less powder that was in the “I am not sure what this is” box. Sort of like a box of mixed chocolate because you never know what you will get.

This Saturday the Sharps will go again but for revolvers I will use my two 1861 Colt Navy replicas with which I have been practicing all month. If I had two caplock shotguns I would be percussion all the way, but the choice was drop two shotgun targets on some of the stages or use the double barrel street howitzer with roll crimped hand loads and try for a clean match. (Dream on Bunk)

The weather forecast is for 90°+ temps so we will shoot only 5 stages, start early and try to finish while it is still cool, which around here under 90° and under 90% humidity  is still considered cool .

Central Texas shooters come on out because first time shooters shoot FREE and a light lunch is included. (Shameless plug for the club).

Load ‘em heavy boys they air a’comin’
Bunk

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Smoky Saturday
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 05:08:34 PM »
WHOOPS!!! WRONG FORUM THIS WAS FOR DARKSIDERS
SORRY ABOUT THAT
BUNK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk