Author Topic: HELP!!! What have I done to my Henry?  (Read 3193 times)

Offline rebelyell62

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HELP!!! What have I done to my Henry?
« on: July 19, 2006, 01:43:11 PM »
I just picked up my Henry (bought from SASS forum) took it out and shot it 10 times it funtioned , fed and ejected as expected.
But before firing the last two rounds, the lever refused to close completely. It stopped about 1/2" shy of the butt.
Although it continued to feed and eject as it should, I'm thinkin' this ain't right.
What have I done to my rifle? How can I fix it?
Please help a rebel boy out.
The more I learn about mankind, The better I like my critters

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: HELP!!! What have I done to my Henry?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 04:02:38 PM »
I just picked up my Henry (bought from SASS forum) took it out and shot it 10 times it funtioned , fed and ejected as expected.
But before firing the last two rounds, the lever refused to close completely. It stopped about 1/2" shy of the butt.
Although it continued to feed and eject as it should, I'm thinkin' this ain't right.
What have I done to my rifle? How can I fix it?
Please help a rebel boy out.

with your rifle unloaded place it on a flat surface, lever and trigger assembly towards you. Just ahead of the lever are two small screws parallel to each other. Check them for tightness. I must warn you first use a gunsmiths screwdriver bit, and do not over torque them they will break. < I buy them thru Brownells or VTI and I buy extra's. This is the simplist thing first. These screws hold the lever springs in place. If this does not work post here and I will send you directions in taking down the rifle. You may need new springs

lr
Mathew 5.9

Offline rebelyell62

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 06:27:26 PM »
Lil Rooster.
Well I've done it now, in my zest to fix it I took it apart, and now I can't get the thing back together. I checked the spring screws for tightness. I also attempted to loosen them, one loosened with slight resistence. But the screw that holds the "elevator arm" spring would not budge , i buggered the screw head some.
I was using gunsmith screwdrivers, but it was not an exact fit.
The mechanicals were also bone dry, no oil whatsoever.
I'm beginning to think that I took a lubrication issue and turned it into a bigger problem.
Thanx for your input LR. I appreciate it
The more I learn about mankind, The better I like my critters

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:01:21 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:57:35 AM »
Lil Rooster.
Well I've done it now, in my zest to fix it I took it apart, and now I can't get the thing back together. I checked the spring screws for tightness. I also attempted to loosen them, one loosened with slight resistence. But the screw that holds the "elevator arm" spring would not budge , i buggered the screw head some.
I was using gunsmith screwdrivers, but it was not an exact fit.
The mechanicals were also bone dry, no oil whatsoever.
I'm beginning to think that I took a lubrication issue and turned it into a bigger problem.
Thanx for your input LR. I appreciate it

Send me a PM with your emial address I'll snd you instruction on disassembly and re-        Tip the 2 small screws should be loose to reassemble and the help of a nail to realign lever is helpful, do not try to force the lever screw back. After you reassemble then you can tighten all screws. Sounds to me as the lever springs are weakened.

lr
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com