Author Topic: First 40 60 target picture now!  (Read 823 times)

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
First 40 60 target picture now!
« on: February 18, 2023, 08:42:58 AM »
Last weekend.  First five rounds out of my uberti 40 60 at 50 yards offhand. Group measures  1 3/4. 55gr of WANO, card and 250gr bullet cast 20 to 1. The next target opened to 5 inches with a 270gr bullet, everything else the same.
 Easily the best offhand group I have shot in 25 years. Probably a.fluke. ;)
Uh oh brain fart. Can't figure out how to attach pics.  ::)
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
Re: First 40 60 target
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 08:55:09 AM »
The hole right above the bull is a double.
Evidently i woke up too retarded to post a picture today. I have done it in the past .... ::) Somebody is going to have to remind me how to do this.
www.fowlingguns.com

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 09:10:06 AM »
on this site you'll have to have a picture host sight to download your pictures on. Do you have that? Not being part of the geek squad, I'll try to explain. Once you have your pic's on the host, copy the url, bring it here to the reply part, click on the picture icon,  (bottom row, far left) it will bring up [ing][img], flashing line between them. That's were you put your url. Clear as mud, right?
King Medallion

Advertising

Re: First 40 60 target picture now!
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:31:08 AM »

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 12:39:08 PM »
Actually, it is possible to attach photos directly to a post on this site … although the procedure has some limitations …

Click on "Attachments and other options" below the text composition box, then click on the "Choose file" box in the drop-down menu which appears, which should open up a screen of your computer files in which you can navigate to the image file you wqnt to attach, selecting the one you want (… or if you want to add more than one image, you'll have to do them one at a time.)

Limitations:
- such attachments only appear at the bottom of the post - i.e. you can't insert them in the middle of the text like you can using the method King Medallion has outlined.
- maximum of four attachments per post.
- no individual attachment can be more than 400KB in size (many photos are a LOT bigger than that, so you may first have to save a reduced size (and/or lower resolution version) to get the size down to 400KB or less.)
- these attachments will not show up in a "preview" of your post … they'll only be there when you finally post.

Test/Demonstration -
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 12:46:16 PM »
Also, the options which ahow up for you when using this feature may be different if you are posting from a mobile device (cell phone, tablet, etc.) ... in which case when you click on "Attachments and other options" you may get a couple of choices: "Photo Library" (lets you choose an image stored in the photo library of that device) or "Take Photo" (lets you take a new photo with the device to attach to your post) or "Attach other file" (to select a text file or other allowed non-image file from that device's memory.)
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 06:58:11 PM »
 Let's try this again. Worked! As I said, I haven't shot that well in 25 years!
www.fowlingguns.com

Offline DrummerBoy

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2023, 01:02:37 PM »
BZ Roosterman!!!
I been playing around in my living room aiming at characters on Yellowstone so I KNOW how heavy that rifle is !!!
True you don’t get a lot of muzzle wobble but don’t wait too long to squeeze unless of course you’re Arnold!
Nice Shooting! can’t wait to get all my ammo making equipment!

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2023, 04:18:15 PM »
BZ Roosterman!!!
I been playing around in my living room aiming at characters on Yellowstone so I KNOW how heavy that rifle is !!!
True you don’t get a lot of muzzle wobble but don’t wait too long to squeeze unless of course you’re Arnold!
Nice Shooting! can’t wait to get all my ammo making equipment!
I had my shoulder rebuilt in '17 and shooting hasn't been the same since. It's nice to see a good target again! I've been shooting a lot of schuetzen in the past year with 12 to 14lb rifles, so this '76 doesn't seem heavy at all.!
www.fowlingguns.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com